cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation lane based on Product Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

During the dynamic Route determination, I would like to determine the means of transport based on the product group.

To do that, I have performed the following steps :

In the Customizing :

1. Creation of a product group type "ZZ" that I flagged as TL relevant.

2. Creation of product groups that I assinged to the product group type "ZZ" :

Product Groupe type                Product group

ZZ                                                A1

ZZ                                                A2

Then, in the product of master (/SAPAPO/MAT1) of the material 3042442 in the "Properties2" tab, I defined the product group :

Product Groupe type                Product group

ZZ                                                A1

In the Transportation lane, I have performed the following steps :

I have assigned the means of transport "CNT-01" to the product group A1 and the means of transport "CNT-02" to the product group A2.

But if I create a sales order for material 3042442 and trigger the DRD (same result in the /SAPAPO/VS18), I received as proposal  for the right transportation lane but with the two means of transport CNT-01 and CNT-02.

I was expecting that the system gives only one shipment proposal for the means of transport CNT-01 because in the transportation lane, the means of transport is assigned to the product group A1 which is defined in the product master 3042442.

Can I have your advice on this issue?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

JP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If some of you are interested by the subject, this is the answer that I received from SAP :

product specific transportation lanes are not supported in TPVS.

I will manage this point by defining incompatibility rules between Product group and Means of transport

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that is crazy.    Did you ask why?

What do you mean by:

I will manage this point by defining incompatibility rules between Product group and Means of transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

In the product Master is defined the Product group "Field :  GROUPVALUE". I added this field in the TP/VS field catalog under the object Order/Freight Unit. Then, I created an incompatibility rules between the Object product group and means of transport.

In this way, I would like to be able to reduce my means of transport selection during the DRD.

I did a  test this morning with the DRD Simulation (Transaction : /SAPAPO/VS18) but the result is not yet conclusive because the system cannot read value for field GROUPVALUE

Cannot read value for field GROUPVALUE (object type 0)

Answers (0)