cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a child organization to root organization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a situation where, I need to move the child organization a level up and make it a root organization.

I could have created a new root organization and deleted the old. However, I have assigned mitigation control and the child organization cannot be deleted and hence want to move it as a root organization.

So is it possible to convert a child organization to root organization?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sahil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sahil,

you can "cut" and "paste" the organization in the business client. Select the organization and then chose "Options > Cut" and "Options > Paste" somewhere else.

Does this help?

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

I tried doing this, but since I have the mitigation controls assigned its not allowing me move the organization.

Regards,

Sahil.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Got the solution. Just did more R&D in the expert mode.

You really need to understand the relationship in process control to change the root to a child and a child to root organization.

Regards,

Sahil.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create a new root organization with same name.

REgards,

Prasant

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The Id for the org unit won't be the same. This will cause an issue with assigned mitigating controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I though of doing the same, but as mentioned by Collen it is creating issue. Actually its not allowing me to delete the Organization as mitigation controls are assigned to the same organization that I need to move.

Regards,

Sahil.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok.

first dowload mitigation control.

then remove mitigation control.

create new root org, delete old child or.

upload mitigation.

think should work

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the input, but I fee this is a longer route and success in downloading and uploading mitigation would not be 100% as i need to do this change in production system.

Regards,

Sahil.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil

Have you tried to move the org unit via transaction GRFN_STR_CHANGE - Expert Mode? It is similar to HR PPOME transaction. You might have greater flexibility moving it to become root hierarchy?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Collen.

I actually tried doing this thru Spro and I am able to move the organization from one organization to other organization.

However, I am not able to make it as a root organization. I am trying to find the same.

Regards,

Sahil.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Unless you can find something (possible Hr communities for org mgmt) can you temporarily remove the controls, make the chane and then assign to new Id?