cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS 4.0 SP05 Stand-alone scrambling: RFC user as the dialog user type?

canterbury
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

the fourth chapter "Roles and Authorizations" of the scrambling guide contains the following note: "Stand-alone scrambling requires an RFC user as the dialog user type."

I assume that the system landscape for stand-alone scrambling consists of the TDMS server and a second SAP system and that both systems communicate via RFC. Normally, for a RFC destination, a communication user or a system user is used. With my dialog user, I can log in directly to a SAP system using SAP Logon. So, I am confused by the note.  Is it necessary to use a dialog user in the RFC destination? What does "...requires an RFC user as the dialog user type" mean exactly?

Thanks in advance for your answers! Best regards,

Anselm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anselm,

The note means that you need to use a 'Dialog' user type in the RFC destinations/System Landscape that you would be creating for your Standalone Scrambling package.

Best Regards,

Uma Tharmarajan

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would think this is due to making actually changes to the data vs just transferring data into the system.

So as you pointed out, a communication user is just for RFC communications; lets call it TDMScom and this allows the TDMS project/package to take the data from Production and place it in to a QA or Dev system, this is a 1:1 data copy but only grabbing the last month or perhaps by a company code.

When it comes to scrambling the data you are copying is no longer a 1:1 for the last month or company code.  A user account with the authorizations to change value A to value B due to the sensitive information is needed; I would assume from an audit perspective, as a functional team member may want to know if the data that was copied is legit data or if it was changed do to some other unit testing that already took place.