Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain two Account Assignmnt Groups for one Customer

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am selling two type of items to same customer. And the two type of item has to hit separate Revenue GL accounts.

Example:

Scenario 1

Customer A-------------- Dr

Domestic Revenue------------Cr

Scenario 2

Customer A--------------Dr

Warranty Revenue----------Cr

Now, in VKOA. I have to create two separate Account Assignment Group for Customer for Domestic Revenue and Warranty Revenue. Now, when I am posting Warranty Sales, I need to maintain the respective Account Assignment Group for Customer in Customer Account. Again, when I am posting Domestic Revenue, I have to change the AAG for customer in Customer Account.

Every time I have to change manually, the AAG so that the correct revenue account is hitting for Domestic Revenue and Warranty Revenue.

Also, there is big list of Customers, and all customers has to be linkled to Warranty Sales and Domestic Revenue. We cannot maintain duplicate customers for Warranty sales separately.

Please suggest how this can be managed automatically.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Rather than jumping into creating a new Account determination condition table; I suggest you read the theory related to Revenue Account Determination.

V/03 is to create pricing condition tables.

Account determination is different from pricing.

Look in to the path (and read the Help)

IMG>Sales and Distribution>Basic Functions>Account Assignment / Costing >Revenue Account Determination

Note - Also important is do you want to do changes in an exisiting Access sequence (by inserting a new table) or you want to create new access sequence or condition type or account determination procedure etc.

The design is clear, by creating a new table with fields Sales doc type, Customer AAG, Material AAG, Account key...you can post to respective G/L accounts.

No need for 2 customer AAGs.

No need for changing the AAGs in CMRs manually.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok thanks, I got the idea.

Can you help me understand, in case I create a new table for the combination that I want, how do I assign the same in VKOA screen. For example, I have standard combinations

001             Cust.Grp/MaterialGrp/AcctKey

002             Cust.Grp/Account Key

003             Material Grp/Acct Key

004             General

005             Acct Key

How do I add the new table which will be created in V/03 or V/12?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

As I suggested earlier, please read the thoery related to Account determination.

As santosh mentioned -

and as reply you are asking to identity sales document type in VKOA, you can create a new combination with sales document type as key differentiation in transaction V/13

Once you create the combination in V/13, this will be automatically populated in VKOA where you can assign G/L accounts for the respective combination

regards,

santosh    

In V/13 (not V/03) create the condition table

This table has to be included to the access sequence (At which No. shall you assign this new table, in the access sequence?)

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a table in V/13, but I am not finding Sales Document type in Field Category.

Example:

Account key

Acct assignment grp

AcctAssgGr

Condition type

Distribution Channel

Division

Order reason

Plant

Sales Organization

Tax Code

Vendor

Now which is the sales document type?

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to maintain numbers only not letters .

Please check below link .This would highly helpful to you

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/Revenue+Account+Determination+-+Configuration

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

It seems that Sales document type (AUART) is not in the standard field catalog.

You have two choices -

1. Find another field, that differentiates these two processes - One which is in the list (e.g. sales organization, plant??)

Create a new condition table with that field.

2. Add a field to the field catalog -

This would need the help of an ABAPer.

Check if point 1 can work for you.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

No, point 1 will not work here. Please suggest some other option.

There should be a separate order type in order to identify warranty sales from

normal sales

Warranties sales should be credited to a separate GL Account

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

If the required field is not in V/12 then you need add required fields i below red mark path .

Thanks,

Naren

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you can go with 2nd option of TW by adding sales document type into field catalog.

Then create a new table with Sales document type along with other required fields as per requirement.

Srinu.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for sending the screen shot, but I am unable to create the Document Type field since it is not in the Tables.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you suggest how to do that, since this is the first time I have to add the field in the table.

I need to know, if I can create by myself or do I need the ABAPER's help. Also, please suggest what are the steps required so that I can complete the activity.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to take help of ABAP'er to add the sales document type into field catalog. Also find some links related to the same which explained in detailed.

http://www.gotothings.com/sd/how-to-add-new-fields-to-field-catalog.htm

http://scn.sap.com/message/5014389#5014389.

After adding the sales document field into field catalog, create a new table with sales document type along with other fields.

Next steps i assume you know assingning this table to Access seq and assign this acces seq to cond type next placing the cond type into procedure etc.

After that you can maintain records in VKOA

ex. ZOWA-AAGc-AAGm=G/L 800000

ZODO-AAGc-AAGm=G/L 800001.

Thanks,

Srinu.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

Since you have two different Items, which you have different Material Codes for each Item.

If yes, then you can easily maintain different Account Groups for each Material & post the Revenues to separate GL Accounts.

Say if Customer Account Group is 01,

Then for Item type 1 maintain Account Group as 01 & for Item Type 2 maintain Account Group as 02.

Thus for 01 01 GL Account = A

& for 01 02 Gl Account = B.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly read the discussions properly. I have mentioned here that I have only one item maintained which is used for normal sales and warranty sales.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is only one item is used for both Domestic and Warranty sales, how do you differentiate between Warranty and Domestic. is it Sales document type or Item category ?

The reason why am asking let us assume we created sales order for two line items where for first line item material has warranty and 2nd line item has not warranty. in this case how does the system understand which line item has warranty and which one dont have Warranty.

After differentiation the key field if it is like Sales document type, item catagory etc, you can go with TW adivice.  .

Srinu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

For both these processes (Warranty sale and Domestic sale) find out what is the differentiator?

E.g. Sales document type is different, Billing type is different, Item category is different, Sales organization is different etc. etc.?

After identifying the field that has different values for both these processes -

Then you can create a new condition table and keep this field also in the condition table

E.g.

Differentator is sales document type

condition table = AUART, KTGRD, KTGRM

In VKOA, you can create 2 condition records

ZWA, 01, ZZ - G/L account 1

ZDO, 01, ZZ - G/L account 2

Side comment - No need to have two Customer account assignment groups for the same customer.

It is not reccommended to change the Customer account group in CMR, frequently. (this is a risk!!!)

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said, to maintain 2 condition records in VKOA.

Firstly the criteria to differentiate the two types of Revenue are based on Sales Document Type.

Now, in VKOA we have

1.Cust.Grp/MaterialGrp/AcctKey

2.Cust.Grp/Account Key

3.Material Grp/Acct Key

4.General

5.Acct Key

Can you tell me which combination I should, select. I don't find the relation between Sales Document Types and the combinations in VKOA.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

As per standard, once you change account assignment group in billing document, it should post to respective G/L based on Billing document assignment

I guess there could be some exit which might have hampering this to happen

and as reply you are asking to identity sales document type in VKOA, you can create a new combination with sales document type as key differentiation in transaction V/13

Once you create the combination in V/13, this will be automatically populated in VKOA where you can assign G/L accounts for the respective combination

regards,

santosh    

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have never created a Table in V/13. I am trying to create the system is not allowing. I tried from V/03, but I am not understanding as to how to create a new combination.

Can you help me as to how a new condition table can be created for the combination that is, Sales Order Type, and GL.

Please help.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

SAP has given from 001 to 499 tables .So,maintain table number above 500 and enter and choose fields whatever you wanted .

Let me know if you get any error .

Thanks,

Naren

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is only one material type, and I have maintained the same AAG for Material. I am maintaining separate AAG for Customers.

The reason is I need to assign the correct GL when we post different type of Revenue.

We dont have separate Material for Warranty. The same material is used for Warranty sales and Domestic Sales. My client does not want Warranty items to be separate.

Kindly suggest, how we can manage?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Can you please tell if the material is one..is there any sperate condition type for waranty and

how waranty gets calculated on which Amt.

Have you maintain any separate tax code for that waranty calculation?

Regards

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am maintaining separate AAG for Customers.

What is the purpose of AAG ?

Why you want to separate AAG for customer ?

If you separate AAG then what benefit you will get ?

Thanks,

Naren

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Only work around i can think of at present it to manually change Account assignment group in the Billing document before saving it

change it to respective Account assignment group at header level so that while posting it will determine the respective G/L

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Step by step Answer

What is the purpose of AAG ?

AAG - Account assignment group - with the help of account assignment group you can determine the revene accounts in SAP. SAP gives two options for maintaining account assignment group.

It can be at customer master level or it can be at material master level.

Why you want to separete AAG for customer  as well as benefit of having separate AAG ?

It is not possible to have two separate AAG at customer level. the help of AAG if maintain at material level is explain with example

it you have two different product say A and B. and you want to have separate revenue account in financial statement for product A and B. in that case you can assign account assignment group say 01 for Product A and 02 for Product B.

Then in VKOA transacton you can assign two different GL account against account assignment group 01 and 02. with this you will able to get separate revenue in finance for two different product line.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Thanks & Regards

Mahesh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check ,to whom ,I replied.

Thanks,

Naren

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I felt your suggestion will work, but when I posted Billing, its not taking the respective AAG. I tried posting with another AAG in billing. It is not posting to another Revenue. Its going to the revenue which is maintained in Customer Master.

vijay_srivasttava
Participant
0 Kudos

I am maintaining separate AAG since, that is the only way I can differentiate the Revenue from normal sales. My client does not want separate materials for separate sales eg. one material for Warranty sales and another for Normal sales.

So only way I have to categorize the sales by creating separate AAG so that I can assign the combination to the respective GL.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Have you maintained VKOA settings with another AAG .?if not maintain and in creation of billing,change AAG and see the results.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

As per the requirement you must maintain Accoung grp (waranty) for material line item and

do the settings in VKOA custome/material /Acct keys... and assign G/l as per your combination of new material account group..

i am agrred with Jitendra..

regards

YR

j_mathur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Since you can only have one Account Assignment Group for Customer "A", the requirement of a different G/L account for Warranty Revenue can be achieved by assigning a different Account Assignment Group for Warranty.

You must have created a Material Master Record of Services for Warranty Material with a different Account Group. Further you will need to maintaining the corresponding entries in VKOA.

Hope this helps

Jitendra

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Dont need to create two customer account assignment groups .One is fine .You need differentiate the G/L accounts .Based on G/L accounts , the amount will be posted to respective accounts.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not possible to assign two different account assignment group to one customer as far as standard SAP is concern as based on these account assignment group the accounts are getting determine in VKOA.

The account assignment group can be maintained at customer master as well as at Material level.

In your case if you go with account assignment group at material level where for two items two different account assignment group can be maintained. and with the sam GL account assignment can be maintained in VKOA. I feel It will help and resolve your issue.

For your reference screen dump of material master screen where AAG is maintained given below:

In material master check sales : Sales org 2 view.

Thanks & Regards

Mahesh