cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent billing document creation if preceding document(sales Order) has a complaince block

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would need your inputs to get a clear idea on SAP ECC standard behaviour, the business case is, there is a scenario where we can create a billing documnet with reference to sales order. Here my question is, SAP ECC system should not allow to generate a billing document if sales order has a complaince Block(SPL, Embargo and Legal Control). when I checked the same case, system allows to generate billling document. I would like to know, Is there SAP note to meet this business requirment? If  there is no SAP note, then I would add a peice of code in copy control requirment routine whcih SAP has given as part of delivery copy control  relevant OSS note to meet this requirment, but, this is a valid business case, thus, I guess, there should be a SAP note for it.

If we talk about billing document creation with reference to delivery document, then SAP ECC does not allow to create a billing document unless and until PGI happened.  at the time of PGI, SAP ECC checks the status of customs document and if it has a complaince block, then system will not allow to generate a billing document.

Regards,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

billing document is not part of GTS integration when considering compliance functionality.

Here is an idea:

- assuming SO has special document type eg. YYY

- in case YYY SO gets blocked due to legal control enhance save_document in a way so it inserts billing block saying 'GTS Block'.

Like this there wont be possible to do billing unless GTS block in SO get removed.

This solution requires a bit of SD customizing and a small code.

Kr,

Gabriel.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

As Ashok suggests, the usual way to prevent follow-on documents in SD is to use a Copying Requirement.  Requirements are coded in Transaction VOFM and used in the configuration for Copy Control for Billing Documents.

It is reasonable, but not so common, to create Proforma Invoices for Sales Orders, so perhaps the GTS team didn't consider it necessary to provide a standard solution or SAP Note.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

correct, just wanted to point out special billing block triggered by GTS check. Once is maintained in SO I bet experienced SD consultant would do the rest using copy control.

Kr,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gabriel for your information.

Yes, billing is not part of  compliance management services I would feel that SAP is an integration ERP, hence, this functionality should be consider when there is a gap in integration stand point.

Lets give an exmple: If we come to Sales order process in SAP ECC, SAP has provided incompletion procedure configuration for Sales order and Delivery, not for billing document. even it is not part of billing process and when we missed a certain inofmration in the preceding document, system does not allow to create a billing document due to incompletion.

The same way, even billling is not part of compliance service, system should look at preceding document services. I can understand one point why SAP designed system as such that anyhow the transaction is completed at Logistic point of view, which means, goods moved out from plant premises. hence there is no point to stop billing document generation.  Here my question to SAP is, if we take delivery relevant billing, unless and until we complete PGI, system will not allow to generate billing document. at the time of PGI time, SAP ECC look back at SAP GTS and what it the latest status of the respective delivery. If it has any compliance block, system does not allow to execute PGI, so that, we have a clear hold on the delivery relevant billing.

If we come to sales order relevant billing, system allows to generate billing even though sales order has a compliance block. I would feel it is a gap in SAP ECC.

Yes, as you mentioned, we can control by putting a billing block at sales order level if it has a compliance block. 

There are 2 more ways to control this functionality that

Frst one is , SAP has given a note for delivery relevant copy control "579357", we can use the same program at copy control between Sales Order and Billing document.  I tried with this approach and met the expected functionality  as well.

2nd one is, we are capturing GTS complaince status and populate the same in sales order (Updating the GTS status in VBAP table,  It will be store in the respective Z-Field and when ever recheck  sales order in GTS and if we transfer  sales order from ECC, the status will be updated in VBAP table, the update will be happen in BI-directional).  the field infromation we can consider at copy control between Sales Order and Billing document. if there is any compliance block in active status, then stop to generate a billing document.

the intenstion of this post is, it is a valid scenarion where SAP ECC does not have a control, so that, I thought, there should be a valid SAP note and I can get it from this forum.

I would like to say thanks again to made me clear as there is a standard way to control it.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

As you have already mentioned:

I can understand one point why SAP designed system as such that anyhow the transaction is completed at Logistic point of view, which means, goods moved out from plant premises. hence there is no point to stop billing document generation.

Compliance process stands on physical movements.

In case you want to create an invoice for a product which has e.g. no license but which has not left the plant you can, no compliance rule has been broken. The rules is, you can not deliver it unless you are complaint.

SO based Invoice does not represent physical movement of goods.

Of course feel free to open a OSS message with your inquiry,

Kind regards,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel and Dave,

I would want to know the standard way of SAP ECC/GTS behaviour in one of the business cases.

The Business case is,

- Sales Order  -  Status(No Compliance blocks)

- Delivery  - Status (SPL block) 

Now, If we create a Pro forma Invoice(PGI is not a mandatory activity to allow to  generate a Pro forma), system allows to generate a pro forma  and It will be transfer to GTS and create a customs declaration.  Here my question is, how the compliance block will be report on the customs declaration ?

I noticed a configuration in GTS  at "Control Settings for Sanctioned Party List Screening","Control Settings for Embargo" and Legal control as well.

Can you explain how it will work and where we can see the Incompletion log in the customs declaration and this configration, does it link to trigger  message types ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ashok

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I'm not sure, since I never encountered exactly that situation.  My guess is that the block won't be recognised unless (with GTS 10.0 and above) you configure to make a further Compliance Check in the Customs Declaration.

Regards,
Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave, 

I missed to mention the configuration point in my earlier post

"Control Settings for Sanctioned Party List Screening","Control Settings for Embargo" and Legal control as well

Under Incompleteness check in Transit and Customs processing block

Response to Document Block (options,  A-No Reaction, B - Warning, C-Error Message). Please have a look  and let me know the use of this config.

Regards,

Ashok

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

"Please have a look and let me know the use of this config." ??

I'm sure you don't mean any offence, but I'm quite insulted by that.  You can look just as well as I can.  Do you think that I sit here all day waiting for your questions and instructions?!

If you've gained the impression that I know quite a bit about GTS, it's because I take the trouble to find out for myself, by a mixture of trial-and-error, studying and debugging the code.  I don't ask other people to do it for me.

In this case, I think you simply need to read the <F1> help on the field to find the answer .

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I am so sorry.  what I wrote in my earlier post, I thought, you are aware of the fucntionality, so asked so.  actually I read the help document, it  states as the compliance block report on the declatation as incompletion.

I would appreciate your prompt reply and I am really sorry if my earlier post gave different meaning.

Regards,

Ashok

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Ok, apology accepted.  Out of curiousity, I just tried setting that configuration and then tried exactly what you suggested - created an Export Declaration for an Outbound Delivery having an SPL block...

... and my Declaration is not rendered incomplete as expected.  So something is not working properly - perhaps my set-up is not complete.  I don't need that functionality at the moment, so won't spend time analysing the reason.  Perhaps others have that experience?

Let us know what happens when you try it - thanks.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave/Ashok,

the function works as stated in F1

You will receive a message that preceding document/item blocked by compliance mngmt services.

So first you need to release document and then continue with the declaration.

Cheers,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave and Gabriel.

I got the same result as like Dave when I tested. perhaps, I missed some configuration.

Thanks  a lot for your help

Regards,

Ashok

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

The functionality described in this thread can be achieved if you activate the item category CLPOS for the different compliance checks (SPL, Embargo, etc...).

This is done in the following IMG activity:

Global Trade Services -> General Settings -> Document Structure -> Activate Item Categories for Application Areas

Once you have activated item category CLPOS for Compliance, you should be able to see an icon in the Export declaration that will show the result of the compliance checks, very similar to what we are used to see for Sales Orders, Deliveries, etc...

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mouaz BEN REDJEB,

Thanks for your inputs.

I missed to add Item category in SPL/Embargo /Legal Control serivces, hence I could not get an expected results.

I noticed that not only Item Category, we need to add Document type "CULOEX" for all Compliance services, then only ststem looks at item Category level.

1st  Level check - Customs Document Type (CULOEX)

2nd Level  check - Customs Item Category (CLPOS)

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (0)