cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA API can't connect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am attempting to use the Java API to connect to our MDM server. The error I am recieving is as follows:

<b>ClientSocket.Login error</b>

I have read other posts on the SDN that say this is due to a version inconsistancy between the Java API and the MDM Server. When I'm in the Data Manager the about page displays the version to be 5.5.34.26, however the only versions I see on the service marketplace for the Java API are 5.5.35.16 and 5.5.35.42. So there is definitely a version problem, but where can I find an older version of the Java API or do I simply have to update my MDM Server?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have two options.

One is you can upgrade all your components to the current version available in Service Market place.

Otherwise, you can open a OSS message for software delivery for the version you want to maintain at.

We opened a OSS message and we got the version of the software which was not available for download from Service Market place.

If you are in the prototype stage, I would recommend to upgrade to the current version as the old version's bugs are fixed by the current one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harrison,

I have the same problem. I wrote a java development months ago to connect to an MDM server 5.5 SP4. Since then, MDM has been upgraded to 5.5 SP5 and I now get a ClientSocket.Login error message.

Did the new java API solve your problem ?

Best regards,

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it will. Try to update your api and adapt your code to last api changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks for your answer. Do you know where I can find the new jar ? Service Marketplace ?

Cheers,

Julien

Answers (0)