Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split revenue posting on two G/L accounts

former_member328731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I am faced with requirement that revenue should be manually split on two G/L accounts during invoice posting in SD? For example if price is 100, but this should be split on two different G/L accounts, for example 800000 and 800001. Ratio is not fixed and can be changed in any sales order/billing document, for example one time it is 30$ on 800000 and 70$ on 800001 and next time it is 35$ on 800000 and 65$ on 800001. There is no strict rule and should be entered manually.

Do you have any idea how to handle this? I suppose it can be done in pricing, but which conditions to use, how to set up pricing procedure and which account keys to use?

Please help.

Regards,

Harry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

Calculate or Update Base Price in any one Statistical Condition Let's take an example ZPR1 = 1000 $

Create ZPR0 as Price, manual condition type with Calculation type as % and assign ERL account key which determines Account 800000 in VKOA

Create another Condition type as Surcharge, Manual Condition type with Calculation type as % and assign ZS1 account key which determines Account 800001 in VKOA.

Let User maintain both % manually.

Regards,

MJ.

former_member328731
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mahendra,

Thank you! This was good advice.

I created two conditions as you suggested just used fixed value instead of %.  is it somehow possible to get automatically calculated one of these conditions if other is known and entered.

for example: ZPR1 = 1000 and user enter ZPR0=800, system automatically calculate surcharge condition (=200).

Regards,

Harry

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harry,

Yes this is possible!

In the pricing procedure, for this surcharge condition type (e.g. value = 200), have an Alt Calculation type which is basically a routine (piece of code) that would be ZPR1 - ZPR0.

This routine can be written by an ABAPer and the functional consultant can place this in the pricing procedure, at the step / line of the surcharge condition type.

khanshahalam79
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Mahendra,

I am also facing same kind of issue . My concern on the above solution is once I make the base Price ZPR1 statistical would it not affect the net value and later other conditions which are referencing net value will it be able to calculate the condition values ?

Thanks,
Alam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member211635
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

Please use two conditions (T.Code v/06)

Assign difference account key in pricing procedure (T.Code v/08)

Assign GL accounts required based on different acct key combinations (t.code vkoa)

Hope this helps

Thank You

Nishu

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

I believe you could try it with enhancements. See Note 301077 - User exits for the interface to accounting, and with EXIT_SAPLV60B_008 you can add a new item (see Note 611040 - Down payment invoice for Italy, and how to add items, although for other requirements). In the same userexit do the proper checks. Do the maintenance of percentages in a customer table (Z table) with the tcode SM30.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eduardo,

Do the maintenance of percentages in a customer table (Z table) with the tcode SM30.

According to the OP, the "split" can be done anyway. In other words, there is no set rule.

Therefore maintaining percentages in a custom table would not work!

Please give your comments.

Thank you!

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

As per my understanding, as Harry says "There is no strict rule and should be entered manually". In my opinion, changing all times VKOA is expensive, and try to set VKOA as a current settings (usual in FI) it could be dangerous.

My idea with the userexit is than in userexit 008, the internal table XACCIT has all FI items before the interface to FI, so, you can get the item, subtract the percentage and add other item with the rest. Advisable? In my opinion no, but it's possible to do it. What is the role of customer table? Populate the values of spliting (for instance, 25%, 35% or other value).

Perhaps your suggestion is the same, two conditions and other calculated, the former with a VOFM formula using the same customer table, and the addition with the flag to be printed. It's a good idea (if I understood you).

Regards

Eduardo

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can't be handled in standard SAP

one line item either  Revenue or discount, taxes should hit to only G/L

regards,

santosh

former_member328731
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

There must be some way, entering new manual conditions with new account key? I believe that some creative way for handling described situation exist within standard SAP.

Regards,

Harry