cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Messages in FTP folder using File receiver communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Everyone,

I am working in ECC -> PI -> FTP server. There is no requirement to have the files after 30 days.

Need suggestion on following.

1. How to configure receiver FTP communication channel for archiving the messages in FTP server.

2. If I want to archive the XI messages, then I have to configure in PI systems and this will archive the XML messages in PI host.

I want to archive the XML messages converted from FTP channel.

3. Since I maintained the deletion parameter for asynchronous messages as 30 days, would it delete the PI sxmb_moni messages as well as the files stored in FTP server older than 30 days in one go.

Note : I don't want maintain settings for retention period in the FTP server.

Regards..........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rebecca,

Need suggestion on following.

1. How to configure receiver FTP communication channel for archiving the messages in FTP server.

AFAIK, there is no option at the adapter level to archive messages.

2. If I want to archive the XI messages, then I have to configure in PI systems and this will archive the XML messages in PI host.

I want to archive the XML messages converted from FTP channel.

Do you want to archive the files for 30 days because that's what adapter will produce. Same answer as above.

3. Since I maintained the deletion parameter for asynchronous messages as 30 days, would it delete the PI sxmb_moni messages as well as the files stored in FTP server older than 30 days in one go.

Deletion job will delete XI messages and not the files.

for file deletion after 30 days, you can ask the basis team to schedule a job (run a script), check for files older than 30 days in the specific location and delete them.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Kindly guide.....

Regards...