cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payer should be different in the case of billing.

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus

I got a requirement , while a billing is being created with items of TAN and TANN the payer should be the sold to party itself but the rates in case of item TANN should be posted for a different payer. The TANN items is carrying duties but the bill has to be created with the original sold to party and the duties should not post in his account but to another payer that the company decides.

example : SP - A

SH - A

PY - A

BP - A , till billing its like this in the case of items with TAN , but in the case of same billing document where TAN and TANN are used in those cases the billing created should be saved with the payer ( PY - A ) but the amount of items in TANN should be posted to a payer who the company wish   ( PY - B ) . Hope i could get some light on this .

Regards

JNM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jagan,

Two payers in one billing document is not possible (in standard SAP).

Is the requirement to posting the values to different G/L accounts or have separate payers?

Different G/L accounts, in one invoice is possible.

With item category TANN, what are the duties? Please explain in more detail.

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear TW

Duties i meant as excise duties . The user creates invoice with items TANN and TAN , now if this is created in one invoice the payer is the same customer and the free goods excise duties are also posted in his account .After this the FI side user has to manually adjust the duties amount for TANN so this resulted to be a tough task. If the sales order has only TANN items then the payer could be changed to the customer in which the company wants to post the TANN duties and also the SP has no duties posted to his account. In the case where both TAN and TANN comes in , after saving the document the duties for TANN should not flow to the PY of the invoice but to the PY which the company wants.

Regards
JNM
amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

The partner function PY is the Payer who is going to Pay to your company for the sales. In case of TANN items which are free, how come somebody else will pay you the excise duty. You can have a separate G/L account to which the duties for free items are recorded and not charged to customer.

You can use billing document exit EXIT_SAPLV60B_004 to replace determine the G/L account to post the duties of free items.

Otherwise, as mentioned by Pankaj, you have to create two invoices by maintaining the partners on item level.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amit tunara

If the item is free then the customer has no need to pay the duties , but this is shown in the invoice. Now in such cases since the customer has not to pay the payer in the invoice should be a different payer ( a common customer created by the company for these free postings). So when the invoice is saved i want the duties amount to be posted in this common customer's account but not into the main customer account.

Regards
JNM

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

One thing is sure that one invoice cannot have two Payers. Instead of a different customer, you can park the excise duties for free goods to a Balance sheet account and keep accruing it. Once your company pays, the same G/L account can be knocked off.

To avoid printing the excise duty for customer for free items, you can try following logic.

• Keep two condition types for excise duty.
  • ZEX1 for normal items. For this condition type, in the requirement module, you can check for the item category and put the logic for item category = TAN, so value will be calculated only if the item category is TAN.
  • Another condition type ZEX2 for Free items and same for this condition type put the validation in requirement module (item category = TANN). The condition type ZEX2 should be statistical because you do not want to add this value to overall total.
  • So your pricing will consider the value of ZEX1 for normal item and will not consider ZEX2 value in overall total calculation.
  • You can link ZEX2 to a different account key where you can assign the above Balance sheet G/L account.

Try this and update the thread.

Regards,

Amit

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amit tunara

I really appreciate the quick response. Actually i need this values to be calculated and also should be sure that the postings does take place for another customer which is not the one in who's name the invoice will be created.

Regards

JNM

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

By normal configuration and settings, it is not possible to hit two Payers from one billing document as described by others too in the thread. In that case, it might not be achievable without an enhancement or a Z program.

Enhancement in Exit will impact the normal process also, so I would suggest the best way to create one ABAP code to create accounting entries for your desired customer where you want to post the duty of free goods. Please check with your FI guy for required accounting entry.

There are two BAPIs available to generate accounting document via code. First call BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_CHECK to check the document can be posted or not and once this BAPI is successful, you can call another BAPI BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST to post the accounting document.

By this way, you will be able to hit the customer account. You need validate the accounting entries with your FI team also.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan

please try this way:

1) Run transaction VOPA

2) Edit the header sales document partner procedure and remove the Payer

3) Edit the item sales document partner procedure and add the Payer

4) Run VA01 and create a sales order woth two items, please maintain different payers in the items

5) Run VF01 to bill the sales order. The system should create two invoices.

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member211462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj labhasetwar

Thank you for so much for your quick reply . In the case that i had mentioned i dont want a creation of two invoice , I just need this to happen in only one invoice.

Regards

JNM