cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing Partner Profile for IDoc Configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All / ,

I'm trying to configure IDocs in SAP MII 12.2 and 14.0 by following this document.

I feel I'm little obtuse not to understand the first para in the Page12 of the document.

• Can anyone throw some light upon Recieving and Transmitting Logical Systems?
  • Can anyone please let me know the reason behind choosing logical systems in that particular prescibed way?
  • A detailed explanation what role does distribution model (BD64) plays and how it basically works?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Anudeep KM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anudeep,

Well, the simple response for doing it the way the document suggests is because it usually works. This is not meant to be sarcastic, just that the document is the result of a lot of testing and revision.  It works pretty well if followed.  Occasionally people run into problems due to odd circumstances, but more than 90% of the problems occur because a step was skipped or particular instructions were ignored or not followed correctly.  New versions were released for 12.0, and again for 12.1 (with 3 updates for various other reasons mostly having to do with more troubleshooting experiences).

The guide was originally put together about 5 years ago for MII 11.5 based on a lot of struggling to understand how to make IDoc Listeners work.  It was, simply put, based on a lot of trial and error (mostly error) and a few, not very well written, related documents from that time. 

Once it was completed, I started learning about the ways it can go wrong, but not very much about the underlying ALE environment architecture.  So someone else will have to provide the insight into what a distribution model does and how.  There are communities in SCN which have experts in ALE and who could probably answer some of your questions based on that expertise. 

Are you having problems getting your IDoc Listener to work or are you just curious?

Regards, Mike

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have followed the document as it is and succeeded in getting the IDoc from ECC to MII on the first go itself . Indeed its absolutely a great document for people who start IDoc configurations.

But, these were the questions that came to my mind when I was doing so.

I would say that, I have put up these threads out of my curiosity to know about it and hence I was looking out for someone in SCN to answer.

Thanks

Anudeep KM

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See my reply to your other posting, but if you do get a better understanding, please add both your understanding and any appropriate links to this thread or one of your other threads on the subject of IDoc Listeners.  I am sure others besides me would appreciate the additional insight.

Cheers, Mike

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Michael, once I get to understand the concepts, ill share it on SCN.

I gotta thank you for redirecting me to appropriate links for ALE architecture in the other thread.

Thanks

Anudeep KM