cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Configuration Relations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Firstly, As all the points asked below belong to same set of configurations, I did not start multiple threads for each individual question.

I'm trying to configure IDocs in SAP MII 12.2 and 14.0 by following this document. I have a few questions regarding the mechanism through which the sending of IDoc's from ECC to MII works.

• Can I have multiple IDocs in the same instance of MII (say 12.2) sharing the same program ID?
  • Can I have multiple IDocs belonging to muliple instances (say 12.2 and 14.0) sharing the same Program ID?
  • To my understanding if Program ID's are shared this might result in conflict when collecting the IDocs from Logical Port by Message Listeners, if triggered at the same time. So, is it safebet to use the same Program ID in a scenario where IDocs arent triggered at the same time?
  • Can we assume that relation between Partner Profile:Logical Port:RFC Destinations is 1:1:1 ?

Any help by providing additional information is appreciated.

Thanks

Anudeep KM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anudeep,

As far as i know, one program id can be used for one MII instance. If you go to SM59 transaction in ECC, as soon as you configure a MII instance using a program id, a target system information gets updated in SM59.

You may verify at the following path

Extras -> System Information -> Target System (i.e. the MII system)

Although it is possible to have multiple IDocs in the same instance of MII sharing the same program ID.

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Please go back and read (or reread) the document paying particular attention to the Introduction and the Troubleshooting portions. 

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have followed the document as it is and succeeded in getting the IDoc from ECC to MII on the first attempt itself.

But, these were the questions that came to my mind when I was doing so and hence I was looking out for someone in SCN to answer them.

Thanks

Anudeep KM

0 Kudos

Congratulations Anudeep!  Always like to hear success stories from the use of the document.  Thanks for sharing that with us.

As for getting an understanding of why some of the settings work the way they do, you will need to go to the ALE community and talk to the experts.  However, I suspect many of them are not going to be familiar with specifics of the MII configuration, so make sure you have that link in any discussion you bring up.  I think this is the right community: http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/connectivity

You may also want to take a look at this 7 Steps for ALE Configuration and the link at the bottom of the page which also may help in your understanding. 

Enjoy! 

Regards, Mike

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG