cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reject abuse report... and lock thread instead: why?

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just noticed that a duplicate thread for which I clicked the "report abuse" button has been locked:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3435618

My abuse report was rejected (don't know why but as far as I can see most people with rejected abuse report don't get any justification). That's ok, but I'm wondering why it is any better to lock this thread instead of deleting it completely?

I'm just curious: is that a technical issue because an answer (pointing to the right thread) has already been provided?

Cheers,

Nick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I've just handled your abuse report and the duplicate is no longer accessible (and deleted for good measure).

There is no valid reason to keep a duplicate thread within the same space and posted by the same author.  I'll notify the space's moderators.

Jason

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason! Clear and efficient, as usual.

Have a nice we.

Nicolas.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks but none of the links you mentioned are explaining why it is better to keep a duplicate post and lock it instead of deleting it completely from scn. And I can't see a good reason... so I was just curious.

Regards,

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

Reason will be directly Mentioned through mail.

Please find the screenshot below.

Hope Solves your Problem 

Regards,

NK

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Naveen,

Nicolas got the notification, otherwise he could not know that his abuse report got rejected.

He is wondering why there was no notice in the notification about why it was rejected.

This is something what the moderators have to add manually, and they need to click save before they continue to click reject, otherwise the text will not be added to the notification.

so it can either be a technical mistake that he had no note on the rejection, or just a human mistake if the moderator did not give a note at all.

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And even more than knowing why my report has been rejected, it's knowing why it makes sense to lock the duplicate thread instead of deleting it.

Cheers,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may due to

1.So many Links you may be pasted

2.Not relavent to perticular Subject Line

3.Same thread pasted in Different Space

@Jorgen L:Add anything if I missed

Regards,

NK

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Naveen, but there seems to be a misunderstanding here: I'm not talking about one of my threads that has been removed by moderator. I'm talking about an abuse report that has been rejected for a thread that has been locked instead.

Cheers,

Nicolas.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not a technical limitation, even discussions with numerous replies can made hidden with approving an abuse report. I have done this several times for discussions where someone offered to send  documents and several people replied with their email address.

Even the reply to this discussion is worth to be abused as it conflicts with the forum rules too.

It is just a link and no context was given