Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile Platform service stop?

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently installed SAP Mobile Platform 2.3 on windows server 2008 and everything went well, but the SAP Mobile Server service stops about a minute or two after it starts...........

I checked the smp logs and couldn't find anything that indicated a specific problem.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so was there a solution?

Cheers,

JB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out the solution .I checked the windows event viewer there I was getting error related to SAP mobile server(

Service stopped because the following child services either could not be started or failed to keep running.  OBMO.exe).

I also checked the following logs

>>>>C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs\OBServiceManager\<host name>_OBServiceManager_OBServiceManager_20131023T103930.log

there also i was getting the same error

Service stopped because the following child services either could not be started or failed to keep running.  OBMO.exe).

YOU WILL get this error when your .net framework is corrupted.When .net framework gets corrupted it does allows OBMO.exe process to start

SOLUTION :--UNINSTALL YOUR SERVER,REPAIR YOUR .NET FRAMEWORK ,UNINSTALL ALL vc++,RESTART YOUR SYSTEM AND THEN AGAIN INSTALL sap MOBILE PLATFORM

enjoy.....

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

mayank Maurya

this is fantastic..  thanks for sharing the solution.

0 Kudos

some times, you would see Windows side by side error in windows eventvwr then it would be like install VC Runtime from SUP/SMP server installer again to resolve the issue.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am also having the same issue. SAP Mobile Server service stops about a minute or two after it starts automatically. We have SMP 2.3.5 cluster environment with 1 data tire and 2 application nodes

i went in bootstap.log where i found the error :-

main [com.sybase.sup.cache.impl.CacheService] [] [] Failed to startup cache service.

<host name>_OBServiceManager_OBServiceManager:-

Error: -Index #[0] Message: [Database server not found] NativeError: [-100] Source: [SAOLEDB.16] SQLState: [08001]|||||3872

Event logs Error:-

1.The description for Event ID 1 from source SQLANY 16.0 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

2. Connection check failed for following database services. Make sure database services are running and functioning properly. Sybase Unwired CacheDB The Sybase Unwired Server services will not function properly until this condition is fixed.

Thanks & Regards,

Jyoti Sahu

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This thread is over 2 years old and could be several reasons why this could occur.  Based on the above error I can only guess you couldn't reach your CacheDB for some reason (CacheDB down, network).  The description is too vague to determine root cause.  Sometimes the Windows Application Event Viewer log messages are more helpful.  Root cause of similar issues usually takes deeper analysis requiring oepning an incident with Support.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi james,

If your license is valid .

then this solution may work.

I found out the solution .I checked the windows event viewer there I was getting error related to SAP mobile server(

>>>>C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs\OBServiceManager\<host name>_OBServiceManager_OBServiceManager_20131023T103930.log

YOU WILL get this error when your .net framework is corrupted.When .net framework gets corrupted it does allows OBMO.exe process to start

SOLUTION :--UNINSTALL YOUR SERVER,REPAIR YOUR .NET FRAMEWORK ,UNINSTALL ALL vc++,RESTART YOUR SYSTEM AND THEN AGAIN INSTALL sap MOBILE PLATFORM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am also facing the same issue . Are u using unserved license.

When I start SMP server it stars for Two minutes and then it stops.

I went through the logs.I found something in C:\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs\OBServiceManager\OBServiceManager_OBServiceManager

(Service stopped because the following child services either could not be started or failed to keep running.

20131022T121412.939|1|OBMO.exe)

Does any one has solution????

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi mayank

did you checked your bootstrap log? if you found any error msg, share it.

Regards

Yokesvaran.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Bootstrap log: SMP_HOME\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs\bootstrap*.log

I didnt ding bootstrap log.

Please can you tell me some other path.

I checked event viewer i fount this error

(Service stopped because the following child services either could not be started or failed to keep running.

OBMO.exe)

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank maurya,

Event logger will just shows the status, like running or down. I too had similar kind of error message in evernt logger. But it will not help you to track the issue.

• Check the logs here C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\InstallLogs . Especially UPInstall.log
  • Check all the bootstrap logs C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs\bootstrap*.log
  • Check your server log C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs\<HOST>_server.log

Carefully check all these logs, im sure you can track the error message.

If you found the error message, please share it.

Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

when i applying the patch i had the same issue. Please refer the below thread, it may help.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3441152

I have fixed the same kind of issue.

Regards

Yokesvaran Kumarasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Please check for logs in location ~\SAP\SCC-3_2\log also in your SUP machine.

Thanks & Regards,

Shreya

0 Kudos

Hi James,

If you didnt provided valid license during installation then i gues license would have been expired.

Please check bootstrap and server logs in logs folder. They might provide you more insights into the issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi JB,

There must be some hint in server logs. Please check once again. If possible share logs details.

Meanwhile you can try with following steps:

1. Stop all smp relatdd services

2.make all services as manual

3.restart server machine

4. Make sure windows server service is up and running.

5 . start all smp related services manually.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

The only thing I see in the logs (mlsrv.err) is:

The following non-daemon threads were destroyed:

followed by a long list of http addresses.

I don't see any other errors in the other logs in folder "\SAP\MobilePlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\logs"........is there somewhere else I could look for additional information?

Cheers,

JB

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi JB,

Did you give a try with steps I mentioned in above reply. ?

Rgrds,

Jitendra

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately starting the services manually did not resolve the problem.

jbungay
Participant
0 Kudos

I checked the event viewer and saw this error:

"Service stopped because the following child services either could not be started or failed to keep running. ampservice.exe"

Any idea what this might mean?

Cheers,

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah most of time the cause of start and stop of service in SMP is related to not valid license.

Please check the valid license.

former_member186566
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JB,

ampservice.exe used for message based synchronization services, so please check the logs in this location, "C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\MessagingServer\Bin".

is it a fresh installation or Upgrade? Recently i have upgraded server from 2.2 to SMP2.3. its workfing fine for me.

Regards

Yokesvaran.K