cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recollect transported objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have three bw systems A/B/C, and create a request in system A, after I transport it into system B. I decide to recollection all transported object in system B into a new transport request.

what can I do?

(1) option 1: in B, copy transported request into new request. my question is can I see this transported request  in system B by using SE10?

(2) option 2: in B, recollect all transported objects one by one using deactivate/activate method.

Many Thanks,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raman/Suman/Martin/Anshu,

Assume I transported a request into B system, and I also can see this transported request in B, how to transport it from B to C ?  I just assume following 3 cases for transport path:

(1) transport path is: A-->B, A-->C, so how to transport request from A to C?

(2) transport path is: A-->B, B-->C, so how to transport request from B to C

(3) transport path is : A-->B, because there is no source system conversion setting in system C, so I can't transport source system relevant objects from A to C . so in system B, I need to recollect all my objects  transported from A, and transport this recollected new request into system C. A is just sandbox, B and C are test and prod systems respectively. we have another develop system A1 linked like A1-->B-->C. is there any way to eliminate that manual recollection process?

Many Thanks,

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang,

how to transport it from B to C ?

If your transport path is: A-->B, B-->C, then you have to simply import the requests in C though STMS t-code in C system. what is the great problem you are seeing here? This is as simple as A-->B.

Do you mean your C system hasn't got any Source system? How come your Prod C system hasn't got source system. Without source system, how will you load data to C?

B-->C will be possible only if you have transport path in SCC4 t-code. Have you gone through my link

completely?

Conclusion :It seems your A or A1 is dev systems, but to move from B to C, C should have source system as well as path.

Regards,

Suman

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Possible ways are two options. and

Assumed as A - Dev, B - Qua   C - Prod and source/targets mappings are in placed.

A--> B--> C  or A-->B, A-->C

Once you released transport request from A, you can import at B as well at C, Tx -STMS_IMPORT.

But you need do test at B. once everything was all right then only you can import at C.

once your request was moved to A --> B. mean new objects are available at B. so you can try to move same transport request to C. Release at SE10 and import at C.

3.First thing Sand box never be connected to landscape.

Quality and productions not accessible to collect/modify the objects.

If your A1 is dev then you need to do collecting objects at A1 then move to B and to C.

Thanks

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically Import of requests across different server in system landscape will be taken care by BASIS team.

They will make connections and do the necessary configurations among A-------B-----C and servers.

If connection is there between A and C then in the same way as it was done between A and B it will be done between A and C.

For import of request check this document by Raman also check part 2  as well.

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/netweaver-bw/blog/2013/06/28/bw-requests-how-to-transp...

Above link will answer this question.

(3) transport path is : A-->B, because there is no source system conversion setting in system C, so I can't transport source system relevant objects from A to C . so in system B, I need to recollect all my objects  transported from A, and transport this recollected new request into system C. A is just sandbox, B and C are test and prod systems respectively. we have another develop system A1 linked like A1-->B-->C. is there any way to eliminate that manual recollection process?

For source system conversions and logical system mappings refer the blog by Suman.

http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/netweaver-bw/blog/2013/09/29/clients-and-logical-syste...

Please liaise with your BASIS team for connection and configuration issues.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry, A1 is connected to A, then transport to B and C.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forget A1 and A at the moment. You will have to move from B to C. BUt please understand the conclusion part in my previous reply. Have u gone through previosu reply completely.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

A1 or A must be connected B. if yes then 2 option will work. A or A1---> B, B-->C..

PS: System connections/mappings take care by basis team. You no need to worry about transport how to move and all.

You just collect your development work from A or A1. Drop mail to basis to team along with your transport request number. Remaining thinks taken care by basis team.

Testing will be taken care quality team(if exist).

Thanks

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

Make sure your source system mapping is maintained at least in QA it needs to contain the mapping from QA to P for your source systems if your transport way is ABC. Otherwise you dev system need to hold all mappings from A to B and A to C to allow for a proper transport. Your Basis team should be aware of this though. If your A is just a sandbox then you need to proper maintain A1 to B and C. That should not involve recollecting a transport at at.

hope that clarifies

Martin

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate for your help.

MGrob
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you see by the reply of others usually when transports are in B (QA) you shouldn't even be able to recollect anything that system should be locked for such changes. If the transport is no working correctly you should recollect the missing objects in A. Then transport the 2nd transport to B and then transport both to C (prod).

Corrections of transports are only done through another transport not by recollecting items in the middle of the transportway.

hope that clarifies

Martin

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BO,

Once your transports are successful in B, you just need to import the same requests in C either from B to C or A to C. It depends on your transport path. Hope your path is A->B->C.

You need not to collect/create again freshly in target systems like B and C. You should always transport from A.

FYR : http://scn.sap.com/community/data-warehousing/netweaver-bw/blog/2013/10/07/how-to-manage-error-free-...

Regards,

Suman

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Andy,

I assume A--DEV   B---QA   C---PRD

Basically in a system landscape we collect all the objects that needs to be transported in DEV and then import the same in other systems like QA and PRD.

So why you need to recollect again the objects in B system.

Can you put some light on it.

Regards,

AL

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Actually which system you use at production.

if you have 3 systems A , B and C, then have you  all 3 bw systems  Qua and prod. only dev?

please let us know your system landscape. that will good for us to suggest good approach.

Assuming A and B connections are in place.

1. Once you moved transport request from A to B, you need import at B which you released from A. once you imported successfully then that transport request will be available at B. You can see at SE10.

2. No. once systems are connected, then better use transports rather recollecting at every system, its hectic work again.

Thanks