Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F4 Amodal sort error in SAPGUI 7.30

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We've come across a new error in the 7.30 SAPGUI that is not fixed in Patch 6 Hotfix 1.  If you use the standard, out-of-the-box mode for F4 search helps, certain fields cannot be sorted in the F4 'hit list'.  As an example, choosing the 'Organizational Unit' field from an infoset in SAP Query as a selection field, you cannot sort the list of org units by name, nor even start or stop dates for org units.  Session tracing reveals a "bad index" error in program SAPTABControl.1, module WDTTab Control, method refreshResultTable.  It looks like sapwdtaocx.ocx is the offending component.

There is a workaround, which is to switch F4 mode to Modal (Dialog).  However, we'd prefer to use the Amodal default.

The error is new in 7.30.  It didn't occur in SAPGUI 7.20.

I've logged a Customer Message about it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this error?

Best regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harryl2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Just confirming that the problem is fixed in Patch 7 again.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Did you try patch 7 yet?

If yes, then mark the question as answered for the benefit of other users.

If not ,then we also need  F4 and Gridview traces from the GUI.

This can be captured from ALT+F12 => Options => Traces =>Session Traces

Check F4 Help

&

Gridview Control

Kindly upload the traces to the message.

Regards,

Jude

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I haven't had a chance to try Patch 7 yet, as my boss redirected my efforts!  I will try it at my earliest opportunity and update the thread accordingly.  I see that Harald has tried it, though, and he says it does fix the problem, so that's encouraging.

--Matt

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I have now confirmed that patch 7 does definitely fix the problem.  I had some odd issues getting patch 7 installed, but that's a different issue.  Once I got past that, the error no longer occurs.

Thanks!

--Matt

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The fix is in the works now, and will be released in Patch 7, referenced by Note 1925920 (not yet released).

harryl2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

discovered the same problem with 7.30 Patch Level 6 here.

Quite sure it worked before (with PL 5).
Hopefully SAP will correct it with PL7 in a few weeks.
And thanks for mentioning the workaround - nice to know.

Best regards,

Harald

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

SAP has responded to the Customer Message and they are working on it now.  They were not previously aware of the problem.  I didn't verify if the problem existed on Patch 5 or not; if it's true the problem is new with Patch 6, that may be useful for SAP to know, so I passed that on to them.

Best regards,

Matt