cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS 4.0 SP05 Scrambling: What are the two copy options for?

canterbury
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to scramble data during data transfer (ERP ECC 6.0) and use the different scrambling types delivered by SAP (delete value, fixed value, manual 1 to 1 mapping, number conversion etc.). As described in the prerequisites, I have to copy the SAP-delivered content to my workcenter as a first step.

There are two copy options described in the Scrambling guide:

a) Copy Enhanced Scrambling Objects: Copies an enhancement provided by SAP but not yet available with the customers. During the first run, this option copies the objects provided by SAP to the workcenter.

b) Append Scrambling Objects: Appends the scrambling objects delivered by SAP to the workcenter.

I am confused by these descriptions. What is the difference between copying and appending scrambling objects delivered by SAP? Which of these two options should I choose?

Thanks in advance! Best regards,

Anselm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sreejith
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anselm,

The first option "Copy Enhanced Scrambling Objects" is to copy the current SAP provided Scrambling rules to the workcenter.

Coming to the second option, assume you would have already done the first option and then there was some changes made to the Scrambling rules or any other data related to scrambling like creating a custom scrambling object etc. Now, in order to update the newly added data to the workcenter, you could use the second option "Append Scrambling Objects".

Another usecase for this option would be to copy the standard rules to custom rules, prefixed with a phrase provided by you and then you could modify the existing standard rules.

Hence if you are planning to use the Default Srambling rules provided by SAP then option one is relevant to you. Kindly go ahead and use that option.

I hope this was helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Sreejith Rajashekaran

Answers (0)