Did you mean: 

DMS Lock and Unlock status

former_member1026401
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am new to DMS.

Requirement:

We are attaching a file (excel, word, pdf) in a DMS document (through transaction code CV01N) and clicking on the icon "Check in original" & saving it (this makes the file to get stored in content server)

because of this activity , now the system locks the attached file. (Lock symbol present under tab/column "store in secured area") 

but my client wants the file to be in unlocked status while the file is saved in Content server (when document is in created status). The file needs to go to locked status after release only.

Reason for requirement:

When the file is in unlock status (when saved in content server) any other person (Other than the person one who created it) should be able to edit the same document without getting into next version (01).

Is there is any configuration or development needed to make the attached file on the content server in unlocked status and during release it can go to locked status? please refer to the below screenshot for the lock symbol which we are referring to.

P.S:

File lock and unlock status control can be achieved in document type configuration, when file is stored in desktop/workstation.

but our requirement is to lock the file when it is set to release status when the attached file in the content server.

Regards

Srikaanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not attach a file with unlock status for a Document, what you can do is, you can ask the user to again right click on the attached file(In your screen shot under Originals section under Appl "DOC") and click on Edit, in the pop up click F4 on the Data Carrier and select Default, now the attached file will open and you can do the changes, when clicked on save it will capture the updated values.

Thanks & Regards

Bala Krishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I have checked you requirement and I think your client want control on the who should edit doocment based on various statuses of Documents.

The purspose of the Display of Lock ( Locked/ Unlocked) is to show whether the Original application File (Word, excell, pdf, tiff) is stored in secure storage ( Content Server). Thats is  just display functionality and nothing else.

You need to control the user Authorization of Access, Document Change, Display and Edit by understanding the DOcument LIfecycle ( Means who will access document, Edit the original file and Inwhich status) and create a proper Authoriation Roles for Users.

Note: Generally User/ Clients are not matured enough to project their requirments and confuse themselves and us. Better way is Ask them what functionality they would like, Instead they proposing solution.

WIth Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikaanth,

Whatever Sagar said is correct. It is not possible to implement u r requirement through standard config. After locking the File it will get saved on Content server. If it is in unlocked status file will not opened/displayed to any one & it will give error message that " C:\ xxxxx file cannot be created"

As per u r requirement, this can be achived through User Exit. Just use BAPI "DOCUMENT_CHANGE_MAIN02"

& use the logic as follows:

if DRAW-DOKAR=xxx  & DRAW-DOKST=CT

then check USERID=xxxxxx in TVARV table. (Maintain SAP USer ID in this table)

System will check the user ID in TVARV Table & if it present then it will allow to change the DMS for this ID only. No other User ID will be able to change the DMS.

Logic is simple. U can take the help from ABAPER & achive it.

Let me know in case u need more help.

Thanks

Pravinkumar

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear  Srikaanth,

This Lock just suggests that the document was saved on the content server. In case if another user wants to edit the document she can checkout and edit it.

I do not think it is possible to save the file to content server without lock symbol in Standard code you can check for a userexit after saving the document.

Regards

Sagar.