cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return order referring to multiple invoices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario in return order process. I know we create return orders with reference to an invoice. Is it possible to create one return order referring to multiple invoices? If so, can  you please tell me the process.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible to enter more than 1 document number in "create with reference" function during creation of return order. However it is possible to create the same and you can use the following steps to achieve your business requirement.

1.  VA01 -> enter order type and sales area. Enter sold-to party.

2.  From the menu path: Sales document -> Create with reference.

3.  Enter first billing document number and click on COPY. Then item is entered into the return order.

*********IMP step***********

4. Now you are in "create sales order" screen in which 1 billing document is referred. Now again from      the menu path: Sales document -> Create with reference (without going back).

5.  Enter second billing document number. That item is entered into the return order.

Now you have all line items all from different billing documents in the same order.

You can repeat the steps 4 and 5 as much as you want.

I hope this will help you in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Bhavin Joshi

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as standard SAP, we can provide only one reference document. Multiple reference is not allowed for Sales order. It is only possible for billing document.

Through one ABAP program this can be achieved. Take multiple billing document as input and through Sales Order BAPI you can create sales order. But there must be lots of validations like sales area, sold-to-party etc. All the validation which make a single order from multiple billing doc possible are to be taken care.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit