cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Module for EMail Generation or Any Other Task After the Success of Receiver Channel.

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have requirment, where  I need to generate or send an email saying that our any receiver channel done its job succesfully.

I did this in different way using OS Commands in File Adapter, but do not have this functionality in all adapter.

To achive this we thought to write a Java Adapter Module.

Is it Possible to get the same with Adpater Module?

Please suggest me how to go further step.

I have some experience to develop Adapter module, but tihs let me know how proceed.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think, creating AM will not solve ur purpose becoz AM is called before the standard exit bean, so if in case ur receiver channel can't able to send message to external system even then also ur AM will execute.

So, depending upon ur PI version u can choose below solution:

1) Dual stack - go with ccBPM and request ack from the receiver adapter and then depending upon the ack status send an email

2) In case of single stack system, then i guess u can write a custom bean (and schedule it as a job) where u can try to inquire the channel status and depending upon the status u can route an email to external system - i have done something similar like this but in my case i waS using AlertRetrieve API  and sending the interface status to JMS system, but having said that this solution is little bit tricky and requires decent java skills.

3) May be u can try this, use one more mapping for mail and check maintain order at runtime in Ico/Interafce determination.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava