cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert emails flooded in our mailbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a huge landscape including ECC, CRM, Portal, PI, BW, GRC, e-Recruiting etc, and we also alert configured in Solution manager. The alerts for Frontend Response Time, Portal Performance, High Garbage Collection Activity, Backend Response Time, Bad system response time etc.

Before 1st Oct the alert email are coming very less (in a day  9 to 10 for all system) but suddenly the alert emails are flooded. We are getting 4 to 5 emails in one minute for all systems. There is something wrong either in Solution manager or all backend systems. But if the issue is there in backend system then at a same time how all system got same issue. So there must be some issue in Solman system.

The maximum alert we are getting is Frontend Response Time. Can anybody give some idea how we can overcome this issue and reduce the alert emails

Thanks,

Sudip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudip.

Most probably the root cause is in the thresholds definition. If you receiving alert emails and they are uselss for can be because:

- The threshold defined is to low for you environment.

- The alert is not important for you and you can deactivate it or just deactivate the notification setting for this alert.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quck response.

If the threshold values are low for our environment then why alerts were not coming before 1st Oct.

Out solman version is 7.1. Please let me know the exact steps for increasing threshold values. What is the role of Severity in Alert configuration?

Can you please provide me a good guide which can help me to overcome this issue

Thanks,

Sudip

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Setup+System+Monitoring+and+Alerting.pdf...

This tells about template settings which if you folllow can increase the threshold or disable the email alert.

former_member186066
Participant
0 Kudos

Check for that particular alert. Get the monitoring metrics for it and increase the threshold values.

By default, standard values are selected as threshold values, one needs to changed as per the system requirement.