cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Archiving...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to archive the data from the content Server.

1. The Data is getting stored, but it is still accessible. even after deleting it also it shows the same message. can anyone of you help me how to completely remove the data from the content repostory after archiving the data..

Regards..

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kishore,

which is the archive object you are archivng and whats your SAP version? maybe i can help you with some transacations for the object.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using ECC 6.0, and i am using the archiving object as CV_DVS. Look at it please.

Naveen, as i told you before also, i am able to delete the document, the problemin retriving the same. let me know if there are any customizations which has to be done.

B. Rgs..

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Try checking archive info structure SAP_CV_DVS_EHS via transaction SARI. That is the SAP supplied info structure for archive object CV_DVS. Go into the Techincal data to see if this has been activated. If not active, this will need to be activated and "filled" in order for you to view the archived data. There is also a read program for this archive object - program DVSARCH3.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

There could be many possibilities for the behavior you are observing. Please check the following:

- did archiving run create an archive file? does it have any contents?

it is possible that the data you are checking after deletion run could have not been written into archive as it may have not met the archive criteria

- did you check the log for the delete job? does it say that its a test run anywhere?

there is a possibility that the production mode variant for delete run is not proper.. pls check in object specific customizing for the production variant for deletion whether 'test' is marked

by the way, which object are you archiving and how are you checking whether the data was deleted or not?

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen,

Let me be very clear with the issue,

1. In the transaction code "SARA" when i am trying to schedule writing and it very well executes and when i try in read it, then also the system shows me that the file is archived.

2. After seeing that the file is archived with the archiving number also. In the same transaction code, when i try to select the archived document for deleting it, the system does'nt show the archived file in the lilst.

I suppose you have understood the problem, please help me if there is any customization laft in the backend other that FILE.

<u><b>Naveen</b></u> this is to inform you that the variants in the test mode variant and production mode variant are same in my case. will that make any difference for execution. please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishuz,

Would you please provide more information on what you are trying to accomplish. Are you trying to delete archived data that has met it's legal retention requirements and there are no legal hold orders or pending lawsuits that would require this data?

If so, there are many things to consider. To delete the data from the content repository would depend on how you are storing the archive files. If they are stored at the OS level, then you would just manually delete them. If they are stored in a 3rd party content repository, then you will need to contact the vendor for the necessary steps to do the final data deletion of the archive files. Then, you need to archive the archive management data, delete any AS strucure data, link table data, etc.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks karin,

Let me be very clear with the issue,

1. In the transaction code "SARA" when i am trying to schedule writing and it very well executes and when i try in read it, then also the system shows me that the file is archived.

2. After seeing that the file is archived with the archiving number also. In the same transaction code, when i try to select the archived document for deleting it, the system does'nt show the archived file in the lilst.

I suppose you have understood the problem, please help me if there is any customization laft in the backend other that FILE.

<u><b>karin</b></u> this is to inform you that the variants in the test mode variant and production mode variant are same in my case. will that make any difference for execution. please clarify.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Thanks for the additional information. Try checking the customizing settings - Archiving object-specific Technical settings. Look for the section labeled File storage to storage system. If you have the Store before delete selected, the files will not show up as available to delete until the store job has completed successfully.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karin thanks a lot for the help dear, now i am successfully able to delete the data from the system, Now If i want to retreive the file, i am doing all the functionalies as mentioned in the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2e/9396345788c131e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

But still the system shows that the document does not exists. can you please help me in this.

Regards,,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

If you are trying to retrieve a doc directly by going into the display mode screen - the system will give u a message saying the document does not exist.

however if u want to view an archived doc - you will have to use the activated archive info structure.

give the doc number and u will be able to view it.

hope it helps

thanks

Janani

award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

after deleting the data , you should not be able to access the data. i wonder how you get that message. are u sure you are not running the delete program in test mode?

Try selecting the archive file again and run the delete program.

otherwise check the customizing settings and find out what are the settings there,

Do revert if you see some error message

Thanks

Janani

award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai venkatraman,

Thats what even i was also wondering regarding the issue. i have tried out all the possibilities but still. Thanks a lot for giving me a hint of checking out in the customizing. As you know that there is no much left in SPRO to do for this issue. its only file transaction code. If anything else is left from my side please let me know, I am in desperate need of it. dear pal, i will definitely reward you the fullest.

Regards..

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I am puzzled as to how you can view the documents even after u got the file deleted. can you try changing the settings in the customizing to delete the files first before getting them stored? and see if it works out.

if ur problem persists, can youdrop an email to my id with more information? i will be glad to share some information tat i have

Thanks

Janani