cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual cost posting by time sheets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Require your inputs for one my query below.

If we transfer/post some actual cost from one WBS to other WBS from timesheet bookings, does a negative of the posted entry would appear on the sender WBS, if checked in CJI3 report? I mean if I post 10 INR from WBS element XX to WBS YY, and when checked CJI3 for WBS XX, would it displays a -10 entry in the report? please let me know. I don’t have access to HR transactions, hence raised this issue.

Also, is there any specific cost table (apart from COSP & COSS), wherein I can see postings related to timesheets. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Yes, if you transfer the actual cost itbshould be displayed in CJI3 for both WBS ( positive or the receiver, negative for the sender).

I think the best table to display controlling documents is COEP table, here you should have your costs at document level. Obviously this table is bigger than COSS then depends on your requirement one is better than other.

I hope this can be useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Thank you for your response.

Ok... but specific to my case, i had posted 2 entries from 2 WBS to a WBS of other project. I am able to see the costs in the receiver WBS in CJI3. But, I am not able to find negative entries of the same posting for sender WBS in CJI3. What could be the reason?

I will check COEP, and revert if any there are any updates.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumanth,

What transaction was used to make the transfer?  If it was done through HR Time entry (CATS) the CO documents look very different than a manual cost reposting like KB11N or KB21N.

The last 2 transactions credit one CO object (negative entry) and debit another object (positive entry).  Doing it through CATS entry and transfer is very different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

It was transfer /posting using CAT2.

The issue is negative entry is not reflecting in CJI3 report. I have checked coss/p/ep tables but did not get any clues. What could be the reason for this.

Thanks,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

I have checked coep, but did not find any negative values there. Is there any other way to trace this negative entries.

Thanks,

Sumanth.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

If the posting have been done and saved in a document you have to display in COEP table.

You can check in CJI3 the "receiver" posting and navigate to the controlling document ( click on it) to check which is the sender object.

Regards,

Clara

Former Member
0 Kudos

In COEP check the debit and credit indicator on the line item.  See if you can match them against what should be a negative or positive value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, check the Business Transaction, I beleive it should be RKL for time entry.

I looked into a sandbox system and did see negative values in the COEP table.  How are you making the CATS entry?  You might be just adding more time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara /Ken,

Thanks for your inputs. As per your advice I am able to see the sender now.

But, here the posting was done by deleting the originally entry and re enter another line from new in CAT2. User is regularly amend the CAT data like this and this is the first time he is not able to see negative entry for the sender WBS in CJI3 report. User also shared me a project, where I am able to see negative entries for the CAT postings done by way as I mentioned. But, only for this WBS, the negative entry is missing.

Is there any issue with data table? Or CJI3? Or CATs posting/? Any clues, please let me know.

Hi Ken- yes, it is RKL for time entry.

Regards,

Sumanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in table CATSDB and transaction CATSDA agaisnt PERNR entries for all periods that you would be able to see the posted as well reversed entries from CAT2.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, remember that a CAT2 approved time entry does not post in PS/CO until the transfer is done.  PS transfer is done with CAT5.  Check CN30 for post processing errors.

Answers (0)