cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kit Creation issue during Kit to Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

I  am trying to configure the kit to stock process in EWM using VAS order.

The process steps are -

On creation and release of production order in ECC inbound delivery for the Kit Header material and outbound delivery for the kit components is created and is repilcated to EWM. 

VAS Order is created automatically with reference to the Inbound delivery for the Kitting.

Using the Outbound delivery and POSC,  components are picked and brought to the kitting work center.

In the /SCWM/VASEXEC - create confirmation for VAS - I create HU and pack the kit components in it.

On selecting the HU and click on the Generate Kit Button,  kit is not getting created for the Header Material.

Packaging specification is defined for the header material..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Very nice addition at the end with "Packaging specification is defined for the header material.." but what you described is the typical way the system acts when a packaging specification is not created properly. I will highlight the main characteristics of the Kit to Stock process packaging specification:

1. PS Group - KITS

2. Level type - KITS with Performing entity 3 Warehouse and external step relevant for the last step of POSC.

3. Level type - VS with the HU Creation mark and performing entity 3 Warehouse and external step same as the one from the level type KITS.

Please check those from above.

All the best,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

Thanks for the reply. I have created the PS as mentioned by you but still I am not able to create kit.

I also noted there is a Post Kits button in the Post Kits tab , I tried using this too but i am still not able to post a kit.  What steps i need to follow in the VAS work center before i press Post Kits button.

Is there a step by step guide available on the KTS with VAS process?

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudiu,

Could you please help us on this issue, we have been having the same issue....Generate Kits button is not generating any Kits. We assume we have the PS defined as mentioned by you.

Thanks

Mahesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member600986
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

I dont get both IBD and OBD after i release the production order.  Did you face this initially?  And do you know if there is a config guide to get the ECC side up and running.  I could not find much on help.sap.

Thanks in advance.

FC

0 Kudos

Hi Faical,

Make sure you are using EWM relevant Storage locations in the production order, both at the header and material level.

If you have done the initial configuration for the ECC-EMW integration then the system should create the IBD and OBD.

Regards,

Sanjay

former_member600986
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gauri, I amnot sure if you can help me but i am going to ask anyway.   i got the deliveries to create in ECC and are now getting sent to EWM when they get to EWM the PPF action that is supposed to create the VAS order off the inbound delivery fails and both ID and ODO are then locked as they look for a VAS order before proceeding.  I turn on the config that enables creation of VAS off of the ID but still getting the PPF ais not able to create it.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Faical

prabhjotsingh_nayyar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faical,

Did you get solution to this problem.I am facing the same issue as the Outbound Delivery is getting locked and gives the error message '

No VAS order has been created for document