Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activites dates error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have facing problems in project activities

Following are outcomes:-

1.  In SAP PS we are unable to get implication of any activity (pre completion or post    completion against planned dates) on entire or linked activities.

2..In SAP PS we are unable to link material arrival against certain activity & track activity behavior against material receipt at site.

Kindly suggest the same.

Thanks

prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your questions are not clear still I try to let you know what you mean!!!!

<<<<1.  In SAP PS we are unable to get implication of any activity (pre completion or post    completion against planned dates) on entire or linked activities>>>

You mean early completion of an eactivity against planned finish date? did you confirm 100% completion for that activity? if not then try.

<<<<2..In SAP PS we are unable to link material arrival against certain activity & track activity behavior against material receipt at site>>>>>.

There would not automatic updation of an activity against receipt of material received at site. If you want you can develop enhancement to accomplish this requirement.

my suggestion, please do not sue such words " In SAP PS" rather you can phrase it such features is not there like that so that it would be meaningful and pleasure to read.

Also give more information through posting so that we can understand better and try to help (this implies me also).

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

currently i have maintained (opu6) Scheduling type: forward.pl see below activities.

Automatic calculations of revised dates if there is any changes in the date &if dependent activity

s.noActivityBasic Start DateBasic Finish DateActual Start DateActual Finish Date
1Excavation01.06.201307.06.201301.06.201307.06.2013
2PCC07.06.201308.06.201307.06.201308.06.2013
3Reinforcement05.06.201308.06.201308.06.201311.06.2013As this activity delayed by 03 days than all related activities with this activity delayed or must be effect Automatically next activity

pl suggest

thanks

prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

above steps continue below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The activities are already showing as confirmed and hence no change will affected.

Secondly, in network precedence diagram, any change will be shown when there is total and free floats. if no float then you will see that activity is in critical path and also entire chain of activities.

Please go through basics of scheduling to understand how network precedence diagram works out.

Thanks,

Sudhakar