Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 - Objects when hidden get removed from universe

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using bo4 sp6 and have discovered following bug

1)  Build report using launchpad with universe object, save report (unx universe )

2)  Hide one of objects referred to in the report in the business layer, republish universe

3)  Refresh the report - removes the hidden object form the report and displays syntax error in report where hidden object was.

Whilst would expect the object not to be visible when building new reports, wouldn't expect it to be removed  from existing reports.

Older versions of bo used ensured existing reports unaffecetd.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Philip,

i have worked on hidden objects in IDT, as you have described, hidden objects will affect existing report as well.

Hidden objects will be removed from existing reports

Regards,

Ambreen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Philip,

I too came across this issue and I was told by SAP that it was the built in behavior with universe defined in IDT (unfortunately).

If you don't want to see the SYNTAX error then set the parameter 'AUTO UPDATE QUERY' to YES, so that this hidden object will be taken out of the query (and also from report tables/variables etc). But it might cause further issues if you have variables/formulae based on this hidden object.

Hope this helps.

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What happens if you edit the document, edit the query, remove the object from the query panel, and save/close the dataprovider,  remove the affected column, and refresh the report?

Could this have something to do with the use of query stripping?

regards,

H

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

no query stripping - really simple report - two objects.

If remove it find  problem relates to fact object which may be in existing reports gets automatically removed - could understand this with deprecated setting but in xir2 we could change unv files and existing reports would keep hidden objects

Means no difference between hiding an object and deleting object from universe as end result.

Is this deliberate?

Thanks