cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a barcode in a SAPScript

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realize this is a strange question but I need to find a barcode in a SAPScript. I know where the barcode is located on this printed form (upper top left) but I can't find the code that prints the barcode. On this form it is under the company logo and above the shipping address. I have checked all of the print elements (headers) and I can't seem to find the barcode. The character format for the barcode string is BC and BD is the barcode itself. Is there any way to search for the barcode using these formats? I need to take this SAPScript and turn it into a SmartForm. Our barcode printer broke so they want to convert this form instead of buying a new printer.

Regards,

Davis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi davis,

You need to find the window in which the barcode is there , by comparing the position of the barcode in the output, with the layout . The window which has the same position as the bar code, would obviously have the code for the bar code as well. YOu can check the text elements of that window alone..

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,

I have narrowed it down to one window but I can't seem to find it. Is there a way to look for a specific character format in a window?

Regards,

Davis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it. However the character format is not applied to the field so that is why I couldn't determine where the barcode was. It turns out that we have a different version of the form on Prod than what we have on Test or Dev.

Thanks for your reply,

Davis