Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Matching in Multi level Configuration

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing a problem in variant matching. If somebody can help me on this, it will be great

We have one configurable material as main material always in the sales order. This material has a BOM. Based on the values of the characterisitics of main material and selection condition in BOM, we get the sub-items for the main material. This is working fine without any problems.

Some of these subitems are configurable materials. These subitems also have got material variants which are kept in stock. Now we are trying to enable variant matching for some of these configurable sub-items.

In the sales order after filling the VC of main item, the sub-items explode and the configuration of the sub-item is filled. Based on this configuration, when I click the material variant button, I can see the variant material proposed in the configuration screen at the bottom of the screen. However this variant item is not being replaced with the configurable sub-items. This is the functionality we want to have.

If I use the configurable sub-item as an independent item, the variant matching is working fine. The problem comes only when the configurable item is a sub-item of the main configurable item.

Please help on this. Let me know if I am not clear in expressing the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member975396
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Curious if the OSS notes (211898 and 215196) resolved the originally stated multi level variant type matching issue in the sales BOM item. We have exactly the same need and behavior. Curious to see how you ended up getting it resolved. Seems type matching triggers for the item itself but if it is a configurable BOM item, although matching finds it in the configuration screen, it does not trigger the matching in the resulting sales BOM explosion.

former_member975396
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I know this is almost 8 years ago but hoping you still remember 🙂

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Chris Botha, please always open a new thread giving reference of the thread you refer from past. I would suggest open a SAP incident if the notes are not working for you. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try applying sub item material variants as Main material BOM class nodes,if already exists check the selection condition.

Thanks

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check below notes , it may help you.

Note 211898 - User exit: Multi-level configurations w/ material variants I

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Appreciate your effort in finding this note.

Unfortunately, I dont want to achieve anything using development, as it will impact the global units.

Also in standard functionality, I have got couple of notes which says that variant matching is not completely functional in multilevel configuration scenario. Is there any solution available for this through configuration way. If not, I have to raise a message with SAP.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Navaneetha Krishnan,

I belive just a configuration works well till first level variant matching , otherwise to look for a use exit which can perform this variant matching  while exploring BOM or saving sales order or configuration.

Please share notes you refered which says multilevel matching doesnt work.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Apologise for delayed reply.

You can refer to the following notes.

I am not sure of any notes after these which enabled V.M. at multilevel configuration. Let me know if I m missing something somewhere.