Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Table access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it posible to limit the SAP Table (SE11) access to the particular user i.e I want XYZ user can only display the table TSTC i dont want him to display other tables.

If yes, plz tell me how to restrict this.

Regards,

Amit

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to craete a role and you can restrict it via the object S_DEVELOP

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you want to give access to only one table i.e., TSTC, than you will have to create a Custom Transaction code using SE93.

SE11 would give you access to many other tables which is not a good security practise.

Hope it helps.

Please reward points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use can use the transaction variant to give access to only one table . This transaction variant can be assigned a Transaction code which can be assigned to a role and the role can be assigend to the user for whom you want to give the display access . Using a transaction variant you can give access to just 1 table.

Regards,

Sowmya.

0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Thanx for responding to my queery....can u plz explain how to use transaction variant?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Use a T-code SHD0 to create a transaction variant for access the tables.

regards

Madhu

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Notice: you can combine this approach (using a variant transaction to limit access to a single table / view) with the approach described in SDN thread (using Database Views to define selection conditions - allowing to limit access on field level).

Regards, Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

Try this way:

1) goto se93, give a unique name, say z_tstc

2)Enter SE11 into the transaction field and select the flag the ‘skip initial screen’ field:

3)On the lower portion of the screen, enter the following information:

Name of screen field: DATABROWSE-TABLENAME

Value: Enter the name of the table you want to browse with (in your case it is TSTC)

4)save it.

5) Now add the transaction z_tstc in th role, and assigh it to the user.

Now user will be have access to TSTC table.

Hope it helps.

Please award points if it is useful.

Thanks & Regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can achieve it by using S_TABU_DIS

hope it helps