cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoicing logistic services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have MM and SD background for quite few years. However I do not clearly see how to manage the following process in a simple and straightforward manner.

We are a trading and logistics company who procures, carries in stock and resells materials for a limited number of customers.

In addition to invoicing delivered materials we also need to collect data and invoice prices for all warehouse logistics and order processing services we procure to our customers.

I can invoice order-related processing services with the help of price conditions.

However I cannot figure out how to log on and pass on to SD sales order items or SD invoice items our logistic services. I can give here an exemple of handling (receive, stage in warehouse and deliver on demand) of any marchandise ordered directly by our customers and delivered upon their demand by the vendors to our premises. Of course this marchandise does not (and should not) have any material ID in our system.

Ideally I would like to have an SAP object (like a CS service order) on which I could log the quanties of physical rather then time units of service "delivered" to the customer in this way and related to the execution of our service contract engagement. I can give here an exemple of the number of square meters occupied per day. Of course once I have the quantity of service material "Box keeping" in SD sales order I can easily determine invoice amount with pricing procedure.

As far as I know CS order as such can pass on to sales order only (calculated) cost but not quantity.

I would love our warehouse clerks to barcode an SAP object while performing the job and have the system to transform it into quatities updating sales order item for subsequent end-of-month invoicing.

Any hint how you would manage such requirement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

who procures, carries in stock and resells materials for a limited number of customers.

Here till storing stock, MM activities will be carried out right from creation of PO, MIGO & MIRO.  While selling, Delivery related billing would be involved

I cannot figure out how to log on and pass on to SD sales order items or SD invoice items our logistic services

Through Shipment Cost document, you can address this including payment to logistics vendor

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GL,

Thanks for your reply but I am not sure you have well understood my issue.

In my question I refer to material flow only for the purpose of explaining the business model of our enterprise. I do not have any problem with the process of procuring to stock and selling to customers. Neither with invocing customer order processing related services I provide (sourcing, keeping in stock, shipping, etc.). Do not take it bad but I am not a newcomer here (i.e. in MM and SD).

However I do have a problem with what I do not purchase but still receive in boxes, store in my warehouse and then deliver to my customers only when called for. The customer has ordred and paid for the goods. He has also given instructions to his vendor to ship the delivery to my premises rather than directly to his site. So the marchandise I do not own is kept in my warehouse possibly for quite a while.

Therefore, when delivered to the final destination by myself I have to charge not only for the transport ex warehouse but also what I did before while taking care and keeping in stock the merchandise of my customer whatever it is (actually I even do not open his boxes).

AJK