Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: 552 message: 'Transport endpoint is not connected'

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to fetch data from the backend using the Netweaver gateway services via SUP into my Android application running on emulator(which is in internal network).

When I am trying to run the application from outside the network, I am getting the Error 552: 'Transport endpoint is not connected'.

ERROR/ODP(313): Y8xN5198 (com.sybase.mobile.lib.client.SUPServerRmiCalls:makeRequest:386) Exception while making request

ERROR/ODP(313): Error: 552 Message: 'Transport endpoint is not connected'

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sybase.mo.MoObject.ConvertTmExceptionToMoException(MoObject.java:889)

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sybase.mo.MoObject.execute(MoObject.java:704)

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sybase.mobile.lib.client.SUPServerRmiCalls.makeRequest(SUPServerRmiCalls.java:214)

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sybase.mobile.lib.client.SUPServerRmiCalls.makeRequest(SUPServerRmiCalls.java:377)

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sybase.mobile.lib.client.IMOConnectionFactory.makeRequest(IMOConnectionFactory.java:310)

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sybase.mobile.lib.client.IMOConnectionHandler.performRequest(IMOConnectionHandler.java:353)

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sybase.mobile.lib.client.IMOConnectionHandler.makeHttpRequest(IMOConnectionHandler.java:186)

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sap.mobile.lib.sdmconnectivity.AbstractConnectionHandler.processRequestType(AbstractConnectionHandler.java:170)

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sap.mobile.lib.sdmconnectivity.AbstractConnectionHandler.processRequestsFromQueue(AbstractConnectionHandler.java:130)

ERROR/ODP(313):     at com.sybase.mobile.lib.client.IMOConnectionHandler.run(IMOConnectionHandler.java:103)

Can anyone help me in resolving the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to access SUP from public network you need to use the public IP of the SUP server instead of private IP (a relay server is recommended instead of exposing ports to the public ) . Are you using the public IP when connecting from public network ? You need to open the port 5001 to the public also.

- Midhun VP

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Midhun, Jitendra and Chetan.

I am able to connect and fetch data onto my device now.

Shyam

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Yes, I am using public IP when connecting from the public network. But i have to check whether the port 5001 is opened to the public.

Hi Jitendra,

I am trying to connect to SUP server directly. Our SUP server is in DMZ zone. We are not using relay server.

Shyam

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Can you telnet to port 5001

go to cmd

type 192.168.11.12 2000

Where

192.168.11.12 is public ip

it will connect and give you a blank screen

If the port is not open, it will give you a connection refused message instead of a blank screen.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just open the port 5001 for your SUP server on firewall.

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Small confusion, Do I need to telnet port 5001 or port 2000 using the public IP?

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes if you are opening direct ports for your server you need to do telnet for your external ip for both the port

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

shyam prasad

in addition to what Chetan has mentioned:

by default

5001 port is used to register the user from device.

2000 port is used to connect SUP server (from workspace)

Rgrds,

Jitendra

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

But we are not connecting to SUP server from workspace.

We are developing ODATA applications. We have created application endpoint in SCC and using that we consumed the gateway services data into our application.

In ODATA application development also, do we need to open port 2000 for external access.

Shyam

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok... did you try telnet to port 5001 ?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to open port 2000 since your are developing Odata based app.

Open only the port 5001 to the public.

former_member199619
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

We have asked our network team to open the 5001 port to public. Including 5001, we have asked our network team to open 8000 and 8001 ports also.

Do we need to open any ports other than 5001, 8000 and 8001 in order to connect to SUP server from external network in OData based applications.

Shyam

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

is it working after opening port 5001 ?

Rgrds,

Jitendra

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand why you are opening 8000 and 8001 here. No other ports are not required to be opened. Understand one thing that the ports you are mentioning while writing the device code should be accessible. So open these ports always. In your case you must have mentioned 5001 in the device device code for communition. So open that.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

How r you trying yo access the app from outside ?Are you using relay server ?

Rgrds,

Jitendra