BR,

Suhas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It could be that one of the spam filters was activated.  It would be increadibly helpful if you share the URL of the content you are trying to post a comment to.

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Jason,

I was trying to post a comment on this content -

BR,

Suhas

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is because the author of the thread has opted to moderate comments on the document. I'll reach out and make sure this was the desired behavior.

Cc:

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

By the way, your comment now appears.

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same issue with me too:

I was trying to post a comment here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40396

I guess its the same case as above - author might have opted for moderation as I am able to comment at other places

Regards,

Vivek

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, that is correct.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Similar problem as OP, probably for the same reason. URL that I'm commenting on is http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47641

I understand why (if you give them the choice) some authors would want moderation on, but I'd like to know they're being informed of the issues;

1. * duplicate replies from the same person (trying to get their very important comment to 'stick'),
  2. * duplicate replies from different people (person B doesn't know that person A has already replied with the same or a similar fix, response or whatever)
  3. * politeness...
  • Commenters are (mostly) people not monsters; Why not assume the responses are going to be sensible and polite
  • It's one conversation between peers, not a series of conversations between the author and each reader,

hth

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The default is that comment moderation is off.  I agree with on your points yet it's the choice of the author to activate comment moderation while hopefully understanding its implications.

I will reach out to to make sure he's aware of the implications of turning on comment moderation.

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, we're in violent agreement

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Quick update: comment moderation on the document has since been removed.