cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TextView with property 'visible' is not displayed on the web page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, experts! I'm facing with a problem when I'm making an enhancement to a Web Dynpro Component. Please refer to the picture below.

I insert a TransparentContainer which contains two TextViews. And the property of these two TextViews are both 'Visible'. Also, in the component configuration, they are still 'Visible'. However, they are not displayed on the web page of portal. Then I check Technical Help of the web page and find that they are not visible!

Could you tell me what the problem is and how to solve it? Appreciate for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228602
Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly i see the visibility binding is None(2nd screenshot), which is why it is not appearing on the UI. There are 2 other ways to control the visibility.

Approach 1: Code and Context:

You can bind the visible property of text view to a context element and then set the context to true by writing a post-exit to the wddomodifyview.

Approach 2: Context and SPRO customizing:

You could bind the visible property to an element in context and make an entry in SPRO->Field Control.

I would suggest the former is the simpler one. Let me know if the issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Veeraraghavan! In consideration of your words as below,

Firstly i see the visibility binding is None(2nd screenshot), which is why it is not appearing on the UI.

I should explain that the visibility binding is none indeed, but the visibility properties of these two TextViews are both 'Visible'. Finally I find that I really should do something in SPRO->Field Control. Because there is a customer class and a customer method in the control for field 'ZSRTTLVAL', and in this method the the field's cs_metadata-visible will be set to be false, which is the same to field 'ZSRTTLVAL_CURRENCY'. So I just remove the customer class and method, therefore, everything is OK!

former_member228602
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed changing the dynamic class and method from Field Control will forever make it visible in your case, there is no programmatic control. SRM Framework is designed such that you can handle the visibility at multiple locations. Even in this scenario the order of execution is as follows.

1. The Field control is read first followed by wddomodifyview. You can control in both locations depending on ease of use and maintainability. Glad that the issue is resolved.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need to do anything in SPRO->Field Control?