cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Variants in APO DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SCM Experts,

I know how to create a variant in APO DP. and also Dynamic Variants we can create unders Object Selection Screen SelectionVariable choose option D:Dynamic Date Calculation  and Name of Variable(Input using only F4) options under this Current Date, Last Day of the current month etc options.

We have some varaints needs to create as Dynamic Variants which Dynamically/Automatically changed every month.

I have some scenarios QOP (Quarterly Operating Plan) for every 3 Months needs to load the Planning Data from infocube to Planning Area.

For that we want to create Dynamic Variant. How to create variant inorder to change the Date values dynamically for every 3 months once.

Thank You

SN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhan,

In simple words, if you have created a Dynamic variants for any transaction to run then the date field will get changed automatically in the system.

It will be purely based on your selection if you select days it will keep changing on day basis and if you have selected a month then it will get change on month basis.

You can use whatever which is suitable.

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhan,

Where exactly are you trying to create a variant in APO DP? Is it in process chain or DP Batch job ?

If you want to create a new variant in addition to what SAP has provided then probably you will have to take abap help to fin out the Badi or Function module to update it.

This link suggests that you cannot change the proposals in the list, nor can you add new proposals.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c0/98039be58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/content.htm

Work around would be to use Selection variable "T" (T: Table Variable from TVARVC). Create a TVARVC entry and create a  custom program to dynamically update this TVARV entry. Even though i termed it as a work around it too is a complex one. In my opinion the first option is difficult (more complex) to achieve.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

we need this only in background job. what this background job will do is it will remove the keyfigure value from the planning book.

we have to upload the QOP plan for every 3 months. Before uploading we need to remove the existing QOP Plan from the Planning Book.

For removing the keyfigure QOP for 3 months we are using one t code /n/sapapo/tskeyfmain.

As we have different plans to upload everytime. For avoiding confusion we need permanant solution. So thats why we are creating variants for every plan seperately.

I am trying to add the dynamic variant in the variant screen unders selection window only.

Thanks,

SN

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In this case you can consider creating a macro to delete the KF contents. You can give dynamic input to the macro.

Use this macro in an activity and define your background job.

As mentioned in earlier comment, changing the proposals in the SAP standard list looks difficult.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi subhan,

As Ravi already mentioned for creating dynamic variable you will be required to use column "selection variable",  which has some pre configured selection variables.

The relevant selection criterion is supplied with values by a table variable or a function module, i have used function module at one of my previous assignment, but not sure about table variable part, as it seems you can create selection variable, but how to use those variables in desired direction i am not sure of.

Alternatively you can use macro for achieving your desired functionality, as mentioned by Ravi.

Rgds

Sourabh