cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP File System Access - SLD Naming Convention/Suggestions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to access our ECC file system to pick up files we will use to create Idocs.

I'm wondering the best way to describe the file system access in the SLD.

I have a business system for the main client on the ECC system (BS_ED1CLNT010) for example but the OS isn't client specific. I could use this as the Business System in the scenario and define a file adapter that connects to the unix server.

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For maning convention you can refer these links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3523%3Fpage%3Dlast%26x-showcontent%3Doff"; [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]>https [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

when modelling the SLD don't get hooked up to much on the technical details, rather focus on the business side of it. So where are your files on the ECC box coming from? Will this be another system that just puts them there? if so, i would model this other system in the SLD so that in your XI config you'll see the sender of the business data as sender service rather than the physical location.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine.

The Idea at this time would be to use an ABAP program on the to pick up a file of dimensional data from the users desktop and transfer to a directory on theECC system. This would allow us to secure who can provide data to the interface via the SAP system.

If you can access the transaction, it would pull the file from your desktop (or other location and place it on the ECC file system. XI would poll for a files in that directory an pick them up. So the sender is really an internal interface that picks up files from some place and writes them to the SAP file system.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Business System for the File System, but it will be contained in the same Technical System of your ECC Box.

But, regarding performance, maybe it'd be better to consume the file directly from ECC.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

in that case i would really go with a Business Service rather than a system in the SLD as actually there is no specific system behind it.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

mark,

you use business system or buiness serivce as suggested go with Business Serivce as we dont excat system details for sending system and need to create it in SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said the file system and BS already created for Unix server.you can use it ,but to connect it.

i think best way is to use shell script to connect Unix system.

see below links also

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi - Call UNIX Shell Script

technical system in SLD - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

SLD - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6e/fba1c735e0b44496072595092d924c/frameset.htm

regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I didn't frame my question properly.

In the ECC system we have multiple clients (20,30,40, etc). If I am going to post an Idoc to a client in this system I need to define each as a business system in the SLD and import this to the Integration Directory. So I would have BS_XXXCLNT010, BS_XXXCLNT020, etc, one for each client. These all share the same Technical System. If I want to post an Idoc to a client on the ECC system I have to define a Business System and interface to that and every client that will receive an Idoc. (as well as the ALE settings on the ECC)

Each of these reside on the same SAP server (sap00001 for example) and there is a directory (/public for example) on this server. This isn't client specific.

I wish to pick up a file from the ECC file system and post a client on the ECC system (maybe different ones based on the data in the file).

I don't want to define the file adapter under BS_XXXCLNT020 since it isn't specifc to client 020 although that would work.

Do I create a new TS in the SLD as third party, stand alone java, and a BS for that? TS_XXX_FILESYSTE (3rd party). BS_XXX_FILESYSTEM for the TS?

I'm really looking for clarity in the definition of the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

again my question, where do the files on the ECC server come from? i assume they are put there by another system / program let's say called LEGACY01. in this case i would create such a TS and BS in the SLD where the host of the TS would be the ecchostname but the system itself would be LEGACY01 or whatever name you choose, as in the config and monitoring later on you want to see the real sender system and not the ECC, right? Another option if multiple other systems put files there is to use a business service in the configuration omitting an entry in the SLD altogether. E.g. if the other systems are sending orders in the files you could name a business service "OrderEntry" and just create a file adapter for this service.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

if you need to create one more buiness system for all them. create of type of thrid party system .while creating thrid party dont give ABAP system name and client give different one or dummy names.

import themin ID and remianing is same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As your ECC as file system then you need to define the Same in SLD . we can have only ECC buiness system in SLD. so their is no to create a buiness system if ECC is already created in SLD.

Regards

sreeram.g.reddy