Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM and Ibase component ?

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue in or ChaRM production system on normal change document, on which we assigned a "productive" SAP SCM component (numbered = 228).

As I had this production system component twice in the IBase choice ... (I do not know why) for this SCM server (let's say = 200 and 228), I deleted one of them. (the 228).

Now, I realized my mistake, as some normal change document were already assigned to this 228 component. They are no longer usable = Status workflow does not work anymore.

I tried

• to reassigned the 228 component in my Ibase with IB52 ... but it seems not possible.
  • to change the component ibase 228 to the other one, but again, it seems not possible to change afer the creation of the change document.

Any idea or workaround to save my change document ?

PS: I am angry  that SAP did not alert me, when I deleted the Ibase component from IB52 .... that this component was used somewhere...

Appreciate any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis

Is the below option ok for you

In the same RfC where issue happened goto EDIT mode and authorize another change document and copy the content of new TR from OLD TR

Reject old Change Document

Carry on with new change document

Please check my article on how to approve in parallel multiple change documents.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46777

This way it is easier for change manager also to track that this is same change requested earlier no need for a separate CR or assignement to different CR etc.

Hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I forgot to indicate that I do NOt use RFC ... only change document. (I create normal change document directly).

So, even if I created a new change doc (with the correct Ibase component), I will still have my older change doc unusable. I can not change process any action on those ... (even action rejected/cancelled to closed the change doc.).

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Louis

not a problem you can try to reject them via below report

crm_socm_service_report

and rest you can use above

happy to help you

Regards

Prakhar

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Prakhar

Solution fine for me !!!

I did not know this "force withdrawal" option.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

What is the version of SAP solution manager system with SP level?

From SAP solution manager 7.1 SP05 able to decouple the Transport Requests from Change Documents. do u try this ?

After decouple the TR in the change document ,

assign the transport request in new document having which is cretaed in new IB number.

Rg,

Karthik

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

thanks for the input .. I was thinking also to this workaround ... but how will I closed/cancel definitvely these change document ?

At the end of the solman project, I will close the Charm Project ... and I will get error as these open change will remain "open", and no longer "closable" ...

Also, I tried to change the assignment to another project, but I can NOT , as the Ibase component does not exist anymore.

Regards,

Louis-Nicolas

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

By the way ... I am in 7.1 SP06