Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extracting Classifiction data of Materials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

Please suggest

I need to extract the Materials with their classificstion from SAP MDM System.Please suggest me a quick solution.

Just thinking to do it mapping the idoc structure with Material number and just Classif data(ATNAM/ATWRT).

But I need this file in Excel,Please suggest me the easy and quick solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Shifali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

I need to extract the Materials with their classificstion from SAP MDM System.Please suggest me a quick solution.

As per query you can go with the Free-form Search indicated by Girsih or you can also opt for Drill Down Search crireria.

As, you need to extract material number and classification details into excel sheet.

Please follow below steps:-

1. Select the required classification level either through free-form or Drill down mechanism.

2. Once the record gets filtered on the basis of selection criteria Export them in Excel.

3. While exporting, also you can perform many customization which also includes that you can select relevant field which you want to showcase in excel.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both

Extracting from DataManager in that way , we get the result in a single row for one Material.

I actually need the format for datamigration as below:

Materialnumber Classifictaion Char           value

123                   ABC            ABC:len      10   

123                   ABC           ABC:width    15

123                   ABC           ABC:color    Green

Please suggest

Regards

Shifali

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

As I understand from above reply that u want to showcase same material number(many times) depends on  attributes linked to that classification.

However, DataManager provides option to include those attributes while performing the export as a separate column but the material number comes only once.

Well, as per my understanding there is no option as such in Data Manger to achieve this functionality. You might achieve this functionality through JAVA APIs.

But lets wait for comments from Experts.

Regards

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

Please let us know the structure of your repository like how Classification data is stored w.r.t a material number, it may be a tuple or qualified table or simply main table fields.

Please let me know so that i can suggest something accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush

Classifction data is stored in taxonomy.

Please suggest

Regards

Shifali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

In that case, i do not think that you will be able to extract the records in the format you mentioned in above posts. If you want to involve PI system, then you can simply syndicate the data to PI and they can convert it in the given format.

Is there any possibility that you can extract this data from ECC system?(If you are storing the same data there as well) If yes, then i can tell you the process to extract it from  there and it will be in the desired format only. Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I have achieved my solution:

Used CLFMAS Idoc structure and mapped the CLASS, ATWRT and ATNAM with Classification,Characteristic and Value respectively ,And for retrieving the corresponding Material number just mapped the Material number to a field say DOCNUM.

This way when extracted got the result in XML format;XML file converted to Excel and Named accordingly.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Regards

Shifali

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190061
Participant
0 Kudos

Shifali ,

Why dont you select field under free form search to refine the search on Material Classification and extract the records into Excel.

Please revert if your requirement is differs from this.

Regards,

Girish