cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Ship-to party addresses for a given sold-to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

I am new in SAP SD and I have not implemented the above requirement. I have  an account group with only one customer. All the SP, SH, BP,  and PY have been created for this account. This customer has two Ship-To SH addresses . Please indicated or point out how  to set up this information so that when I create a sales order for this customer, the appropriate SH options can be selected by the user.

So far, to implement this,  I have created two customers under the same account for the two given addresses. But when I select the SP in VA01 , it is not clear how to link the second customer to the first. I would like to learn how to do this through the Customer Master so that the correct options pop up.

Please advise. Many thanks for your time and your guidance.

Turaj.t

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Turaj

In xd01-- partner tab-- maintain some partner functions like sp, bp,py,sh

in case for one customer you have 5 ship to party's like sp1 sp2 sp3 sp4 sp5

In partner tab beside right side one check box is there Means deaflt partner just activate these check box

and now create sales order for customer now system will populate pop up message with partners

now you select what you want

i hope you understand

let me know  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks for your valued inputs and your time.  I have now worked on the solutions suggested and I have the following feedback.  First, I state the business problem that led to my question. I have a customer under one account with two business addresses to be used as ship-to addresses.

These were my findings.

1)      Since there is only one account number, I could not create two account numbers. Only one account and only one customer need to be created.

2)      The default setting ‘D’ under the ‘Partner Functions’ screen  activated by XD02->Sales Area->Partner Functions Tab implies the following . If during the creation of sales order, the sold-to party has more than one ship-to party entries then system will show a list of ship to parties in selection screen box and default partner will appear in top position with select mode.

3)      The partner functions entries in the partner functions tab activated as above through the customer master only allowed ‘one entry’ for each SP SH etc. This brought me to the point that each of these maintained partner functions SP, SH, PY etc. were ‘unique’.  Therefore there could not be multiple assignments of these to different customer addresses. This suggested that the partner functions ’unique’ box in the Customer Master (can also be found through the Transaction Code VOPAN, Change View, Partner Functions Overview) must be UN-ticked.  If this is carried out, then multiple ship-to addresses can be defined in the partner function tab of customer master.

After carrying out the above, once you maintain several customer addresses through different ship-to partner functions, the Sales Order can be created  (-> VA01). After entering the Sold-To entry, the system will come up with a pop-up menu of all the allowed ship-to addresses where selection can take place. If the default setting ‘D’ was activated for a particular Partner (by ticking the D box in the Partner Function Tab), then that partner will be the top partner in the drop down list.

Please advise, if I have misunderstood any of the above points.

Many thanks.

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Turaj

you are correct

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right. Usually SP is always unique but remaing patners you can put either unique or keep it blank depends on client requirement.But usually we keep blank in patner determination procedure.

Bcz in future if you need any of these(SH, BP and PY) patners to be added to SP you sould keep blank in VOPAN.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Turaj,

Did you try again?

Thanks,

Srinu.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Ship to Party with Account group 0002(standard). in XD01 just how you create SP

After creating the ship to customer assign this customer number to sold to party customer as below.

Goto sold to party customer through XD02->Sales area data-> Partner function-> assign those ship to party's  then

When you create sales order VA01-> in the over view screen just enter sp number then presss enter system,automatically pop- up box with list of ship-to party's

i hope i answered your question. Please let me know if i understood wrong.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Thanks for your valued reply. I have carried out the first section, i.e. created the ship to party SH under the same account as the SP. In the send part, however,  XD02->Sales area data->Partner Function -> Assign,   only one assignment (customer number) to SH is possible. This implies that I have not fully implemented the fist part of your reply or I have missed something.

I appreciate an expanded version of the method.  The Account group in your note must be the same account group for both SP and SH if I understood correctly .

Many thanks,

Turaj.t

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Turaj.

If the ship to party (SH) is different from sold to party( SP)  then you need to create that customer with different account group that is 0002. I assume in your case your ship to party customer is different if so

Then create ship to party (SH) how you created for Sold to party (SP) using XD01 transaction code. but Account group should be 0002 where as for Sold to party we usually  create through 0001 account group.

If you have 3 **** to party’s to be created then you can use the same Ship to party account group 0002 but you will 3 different ship to party numbers after saving it.

You take all these 3 ship to party numbers and assign to Sold to party customer using XD02 as explained above.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Thanks,

Srinu.