cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP 6 EHP 7 EA-HR_MSS vendor key

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I'm applying EHP 7 and am at the phase IS_SELECT.  I have EA-HR_MSS in the system and this is incorporated into the core software delivery according to note 1582553.   However, I need to get  IS_SELECT to let me KEEP the current software (just to pass the phase) as it will be replaced as part of the EHP.  Typically we'd enter a Vendor Key at this stage, but there doesn't seem to be one - I've checked note 1301301. 

Neither Delete nor Upgrade with Saint package work either.

Any ideas or has any one tried this yet?    [I've raised a call on SAP but as I have a project team of 40 waiting for this upgrade, need to expidite].

Many thanks,

Graham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

upgrades/installations are done with different tools, therefore different keys are required. The list

below contains the possible keys for every target release, depending on upgrade or EhP installation

process. For 701 there are two possible keys, depending on the source release. Simply try both of

them.

Please make sure, that the prerequisites from SAP note 1324996 are fulfilled and the vendor keys

can be used!

Please use the latest version of SAPUP (upgrade tool) and SAPehpi (EhP installation tool), that can

be downloaded from SAP Service Marketplace.

BR,

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

Thanks for replying but your screenshot refers to OTEXOCR, I believe, rather than EA-HR_MSS.  And I'm also going to 740 Basis...

Regards,

Graham

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Graham,

Did you try with the ACP ????

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Sorry for the delay.  Yes I did that and depending upon different selections in IS_SELECT it gets past the phase.  Now I am getting this:

2EETN085X"The following component versions" "were decided to remain unchanged" "during the update/upgrade process." " "
2EETN085 "But since underlying component versions" "are changed, this decision needs" "to be revised or confirmed with a" "vendor key"
3 ETN085 "Software component" "C-CEE" "rel." "110_604"
2EETN085 "Check and clarify the upgrade strategy" "of the listed components" "with the component vendors." " "
2EETN085 "Check and revise the decisions" "in the planning process in" "Maintenance Optimizer and/or" "in phase IS_SELECT"
2EETN085 "Repeat the Configuration road map step" "with an updated stack XML" "and/or with correct decisions" "in phase IS_SELECT"

C-CEE is installed and is supported on EHP 7 (at C-CEE SP 20), so I'm not sure what this is asking.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok the issue here is that SAP note 520991 says that C-CEE is supported at SP 20, and Note 1900747 is that the ACP file needs adding to the download set.  The ACP goes into the Source files for the EHP and the C-CEE support packs are un-car'ed directly into EPS\in.  

Then you need to say 'Take over calculated level' on the BIND_PATCH phase.

That was painful...

Hope this helps someone else too.

Regards,

Graham

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Graham,

Sorry I did not see the other error message with C-CEE addon.

Sometimes it becomes really very painful. This is why it is always recommended to use the MOPZ for stack calculation. Mark correct product instances and MOPZ will do the calculation and add the files for you.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EA-HR_MSS 1.0 has been retrofitted into EA-HR 607. So, once you have the Product Version: EHP7 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 or HR RENEWAL 1.0 installed, EA-HR_MSS 1.0 will not exist as a separate add-on.

Note 1576982 - Installation of Add-On EA-HR_MSS 1.0

Note 1582460 - EA-HR_MSS: Overview note

Note 1582553 - Release strategy for the ABAP add-on EA-HR_MSS

Thanks,

Prabhakar

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Graham,

Could you please download the ACP EA-HR_MSS=1.0 from the SMP and extract it in the ../eps/in/ directory. After this please repeat the module (not just phase).

Thanks.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Thanks for the advice.  Just checking - do you mean in eps\in   or in the source directory with the rest of the EHP ?

Thanks,

Graham

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Graham,

those files in source (download directory) are also extracted to the ../EPS/in/ . But since this package is not mentioned in the stack.xml, please uncar/extract it into the ../EPS/in directory. You will need to repeat the module to the ACP is read. If you only repeat the phase then ACP will not be read.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Gaurav