Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about CHARM transport between different systems

MarioDeFelipe
Contributor
0 Kudos
  • SITUATION;
    • We have a complex enviroment, with ECC, BW and SCM in place
    • We have several projects running at the same time, that will have a GO LIVE together
    • We have dependency between transports, ECC transport ED1XXXX should come before SCM transport SD1XXXXX, right now we are importing ALL transports from ECC first, then the other systems, but this is not the expected situation, we are not efficient.
  • QUESTION;
    • We want to know if one CHARM can orchestrate the transports between the whole landscape, sequencing the transports to all the systems involved.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

QUESTION;

• We want to know if one CHARM can orchestrate the transports between the whole landscape, sequencing the transports to all the systems involved.

In ChaRM we able to create the single project for whole landscape but with same type of landscape like ( 3 system in single project, 4 system in single project ..) like mentioned by Prakhar

In Rfc the scope assigment block need to select the individual landscape only( not able to select the whole landscape in single change document, because every PRD system having individual ibase), if u want to create the change document for ECC ,SRM ... need to select the two change documnet and select the ibase for each system like ECC ,SRM...

So the Single Change document will handle only the individual landscape TR's movement, not able to handle the whole landscape TR's movemnet in the single change

So if you having dependency between the landscape needs to handle by the team, like first execute the ECC change document and then handle the SRM landscape CD.

Rg,

Karthik

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

A little update it is not like that

If in one project you have ECC SRM and CRM and you give IBase for ECC system wil allows you to create transport(during transport dialog creation in the pop up) for all the 3 system landscape mapped to your charm project

so you need one rfc with one change document and multiple transports ...thats it

Regarding the import order they are imported in the release sequence so i have 3 transport in my normal change one for ECC and one for SCM and need to import ECC first then i will release ECC first followed by SCM one. check my reply here for sequence

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3435244

Hope it clarifies all doubts

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

In Normal Change:

we have option like one Rfc with one change document and multiple transports.( like ECC, SRM, ..),during TR's creation it will show all the development system ( like ECC, SRM..) but during TR's import in normal change we need to go to the maintenance cycle and schedule the TR's to the respective system ( ECC-QAs separately , SRM - QAS separately..) So NC will not take care of automatic import between the whole landscape depend upon sequence in the same project. it will take care the particular system like ECC-QAS sequence only. we need to trigger the TR's manually in the MC depend upon the dependency between the ECC or SRM landscape. which is first. Please correct i am wrong

But Mario looking for transports between the whole landscape, sequencing the transports to all the systems involved using ChaRM -As i know this is not possible in ChaRM to import the transport in sequence between the whole landscape with automatic workflow.

In Urgent Change:

Any option in urgent change like using multiple transports option, Normally the urgent change allow to create the one customizing and one Work bench. not tried this option for combined landscape project.

Rg,

Karthik

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

You should have one project with all landscape like ECC SCM etc which will help in this use case

also you can create a single change request with multiple change documents which might help you to cater these needs

check my blog below

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46777

Hope it helps.

Regards

Prakhar