cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am learning SAP APO now. I have a doubt in creating promotion planning. In /SAPAPO/MP34 - Promotion Planning,  When i click create promotion Planning,  i could see it is providing option for the planning book 9AMP34. But i want to create promotion planning for the key figure in my planning book. How to change it ? kindly help me on it

Regards,

Rajaselvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor

Hi, you make promotion settings in /sapao/mp33 (where you can set planning area and key figure to your own), /sapapo/mp40 and /sapapo/mp31. Then in /sapapo/sdp8b, you create your own planning book based on your planning area with promotion settings, and active 'promotion planning' functionality in /sapapo/sdp8b (first page). Now you can use promotion planning in transaction /sapapo/sdp94, by entering your own planning book.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada Lv,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It really helps for me to proceed further. A small doubt. Why i am not getting my planning book in the Tcode  /SAPAPO/MP34 ?

Regards,

Rajaselvi

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/SAPAPO/MP34 is designed to use the standard planning book. This is the same as you use transationg /sapapo/snp94, where you can only see the standard SNP planning book. In most cases we only use /sapapo/sdp94

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada Lv,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. It really helps.

Regards,

Rajaselvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

I have done promotion setting in /n/sapapo/sdp94. I have few questions

1.   How to check my promotion planning is working ?

2.  Can i be able to add the promotion key figure in my data view ?

2a. If yes, while adding i am getting error ' No change authorization exits for data view'

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. -- it's hard to say ... should be reflected in forecast run. the promotions should be added to the promotion periods.

2. -- should be OK. If you encounter authorization issue, just check SU53 right after you get the authorization error. You'll get to know which authorization is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for the reply.

1. In SU53 i couldn't find any error. I have created Data view with one user ID and now trying to change in another. Will it be the reason ?

2. Can i get any document which explains step by step process of promotional Planning ?

In Promotion in Interative Planning, I could see my planning key figure,promotion KF and a KF Percentage increase %. When i enter the promotion KF value as Planning KF value , then the KF Percentage increase % shows 100 %. The value differs accordingly as i change my promotion KF. I am not sure what actually happening.

In Object view i could see some options and not sure what each exactly indicates.

I am just working in Sand box and started learning from the basics of APO. Sorry if my questions are silly /  wrong.

Regards,

Rajaselvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ada,

Can you please share if you have a step by step configuration of the Promotion Planning? I am planning to implement Promotional Planning for a specific division in my company.

We do forecasting based on our shipments. As of today, we do not use promotional planning. I am able to get some infomration to read on the internet but no where I can find the config details and stuff. Please advice. Thank you.

Regards,
Rohit.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

I guess it is better to open a separate thread for your queries on Promotion Planning. As per SCN practice, One Question One Thread is the policy.

For now please check this thread -> 

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Thank you for the reply. I am still working on the requirement so I will post a new discussion once I am ready with my data. Thanks again.

Regards,
Rohit.

Answers (0)