cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project version(current data and version data comparison not possible)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

I am stuck up with project version we are using EHP7 and SAP HANA

When i create the version through CN71 or CNS41 system displays message "version is saved"

When i try to compare the same version with the current date in the same mentioned transaction codes system does not display the version data .

secondly when i am trying to display only version system displays message version does not exists.but in tables data is saved

In transaction code CN71 if i go to edit -->other selection versions-->enter user and press enter system displays all the saved versions for that project

selecting the project version it is displayed only

In the drop down list ,under VIEW--> choose project versions is also in display mode and is not editable .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i have raised it to sap

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi Sushrut,

We have got your question, base on my experience, it seems a problem in the newest release as the version you are saved can't be found in the version table but the version name is actually used. We are testing and I think we will have a new note for it.

Regards,

Rachel

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Rachel

Sorry to correct you.

Data is stored in tables ,but version comparison with current date is not possible,as versions are not displayed in any of transactions .

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi Sushrut,

If the version only exists in table VSKOPF then it does not main the version is actually created. You need to check if the corresponding version data has been created in table like VSPROJ_CN, VSPRPS_CN and so on, these tables holds the real data of your versions, if there is no data in these tables, then you can't compare the data also.

Regards,

Rachel

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Project version data is updated in both tables mentioned above..That is the case ,tables are updated but data in not been displayed in comparison and also version is not displayed in the transaction that is the case what i mentioned in my post ..

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

Can you please make sure if the version data do exists in those tables? We have tested in our internal EHP7 test system, the version data are not created and it will be corrected by SAP.

If you are sure the version data exist, please post some screen shots to show your table content in VSKOPF, VSPROJ_CN, VSPRPS_CN for the same project version on your EHP7 release system for me.

Regards,

Rachel

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

you are right

when i use the automated project version creation ,only at that time version tables VSPRPS_CN are updated

as this is a very new issue raised in EHP7 ,i thank you for your reply and efforts

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

I have seen our developer has rolled out new note for your problem. So you can solve the problem by implementing the new SAP note. You can mark this question as answered.

Regards,

Rachel

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks a lot for your help and support and i confirm that it is answered by
SAP AG for only versioning ,still i get a dump in the version comparison if i compare both current and version data in CN71

I have implemented a new note as mentioned released on 16th oct 2013 for Versioning

please look into further too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem, May i know the SAP note number please?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

When you execute transaction CN71 or CNS41 ( or CN41N) do you enter the project?

I am not sure about the reason but sometime ago I realised that in my system I can only display the versions if I enter the WBS instead of enter the project.

Could you check if you have the same behaviour?

Regards,

Claa

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Clara,

thanks for your reply

i had checked the same but there is no change ,

when i check both indicators, both for current data and version data system only displays current data and rest is same as mentioned above.

can you please check out for any other options ,waiting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushrut,

Have u tried to check S_ALR_87013539.

Regards

Tushar

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

Have you checked filling WBS without fill the project?

If not after executing the report go to SU53 to heck if  you have a missing authorization ( project versions have authority object)

Regards