cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document number range assignment for particular customer not for billing document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query on billing document number range.

Currently we are assigning number to the billing document type. But my requirement is to assign the number range to the customer.

For example  Customer A - 0000001 to 00001000

Customer B - 0001001 to 00002000 etc .

and it is for only the customers within particular sales area. for example 0001/01/01. 

How this can be achieved ??? is there any standard way for this or we have to create z program or user exit something.

Please advice on this.

Thank you

Regards,

Rakki

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though it is not a Best Practice to go for a different number ONLY for a particular customer, you can make an attempt by creating a zee table with fields like Customer Code, Number Range Object, Number Ranges etc.  With the help of USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE in program RV60AFZZ, your technical team should validate the coding in such a way that as and when user generates billing document, system should check this zee table and populate the number range accordingly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Lakshmipathi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell us why different number range is required at customer level? Is it like different kind of sales you are doing with this customer? If yes, I would suggest to have separate billing type and number range for this business scenario instead of having number range at customer level.

Number range at customer level is not a good idea as this is not flexible and reliable solution. What if, if tomorrow there is another customer with same scenario? Having different billing type for a sale scenario is good approach.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your reply. its the standard sales process. yes I can understand its not feasible . But I just want to know how we can achieve this?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Rakki

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible with the billing user exit RV60AFZC and subroutine USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE.

You can update the fields us_range_intern and tvfk-numki to redetermine the number range.

Thanks,

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinod.