cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Slice based extraction getting stuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using time slice based data extraction. Currently the extraction is in Data Transfer phase and within this phase it is getting stuck in the following  activities:

a) Update of TDMS Header Tables with Business Process data - Here it shows that the activity is in progress but no changes are happening.

It is stuck at 0%.

b) Data Selection Start for TDMS Header Tables - This activity is stuck at 52%. Here also it shows that activity is in progress.

On further drill down we could see that many activities like Identification of Sales Order data / Equipment data / Purchasing document data / Payment       data / Controlling documents / Accounting data etc. are at  0%. There are 45 such activities that are stuck.

Requesting your help and guidance.

Thanks,

Pravat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sreejith
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravat,

This issue may be caused due to the RFC's being in red status. Kindly re-execute the "Define RFC Destinations" activity in the Package Settings Phase and make sure the RFC's are in green. Once this has been done, re-execute the Update fill header and Data selection for fill header activities in the Data Transfer Phase.

Thanks and Regards,

Sreejith Rajashekaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravat,

Check if processes are free or not in sender system and update the message. Is there any activity which is in aborted state under mass starter "Update of TDMS Header Tables with Business Process data" ?

Regarding "Data Selection Start for TDMS Header Tables ", this is dependant on "Update of TDMS Header Tables with Business Process data", so once other fill header activities are over then it will also start automatically.

Also check in sender system if there is any table space issue........

Thanks,

Anita

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had an issue with a TDMS run and tracked it down to the 8 job default limit (SP05 is what I'm working with), I changed the default values to 12 except for the sender system and I was able to get the process(es) restarted and running again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses.

I checked the Sender,Central and the Receiver system for active jobs. Currently only in TDMS server there are 2 active jobs - CNV_MBT_RUN_PLAN_PackageNo (this is running for more than 330,000 seconds) &  CNV_MBTCNV_MBT_PEM_START (this is running for more than 159,000 seconds).

There are no jobs running in the Sender or Receiver systems.

Should I stop the above mentioned jobs and restart the activity once again.

Meanwhile as suggested by Billy I will check with my BASIS team about the 8 job default limit ( I assume this is related to background process? )

Thanks,

Pravat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pravat,

Check if note number 1827134 is relevant for you else you can simply try to re-execute the activity

"Update of TDMS Header Tables with Business Process data" . As mentioned earlier did you check for table space issue in sender system ?

Regards,

Anita

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the job number in TDMS relates to Dialog or Background jobs, took some screen shots so you know what part of the package I am looking at for the number of jobs:

Note that the default number of jobs has to increase before you can have a higher number of jobs assigned for the activity.

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pravat,

You need to check in SM37 transaction in sender system, if the jobs related to TDMS are active. Also you can check the related processes in SM50 if they are working or on hold.

If they are not working fine, you need to open an OSS message in CA-TDM component . The SAP support colleagues will check your error and help you.

Regards,
Rupam