cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager from 9.1.0 to 9.1.5

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning - We are currently running Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager 9.1.0 and I want to update it to version 9.1.5. We have the necessary LM-SERVICE patch on the Solution Manager 7.1 system. I looked at Note 797147 and Note 1565954, and I don't see any separate process for moving from a patch level in the same version (for example, 9.1.0 to 9.1.5), so I am planning to proceed as if this was a new installation. I will rename the /usr/sap/ccms/apmintroscope directory to /usr/sap/ccms/apmintroscope.old and then run the installation for 9.1.5.

Has anyone else updated their Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager from the same release levels, and if so, what approach did you follow?

I have opened a message with SAP, but have not heard anything back yet. I will post the reply once they do.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

Blair Towe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I will rename the /usr/sap/ccms/apmintroscope directory to /usr/sap/ccms/apmintroscope.old and then run the installation for 9.1.5.

Correct. This is the standard way to upgrade.

You can bring in the old traces and other files by copying them from the old location.

Everything is clearly mentioned in the installation guide.

Additionally read this SAP note

Note 1868086 - Solution Manager support for Introscope 9.1.5

Regards

RB

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have any document regarding up gradation of Wily Intro scope from past version to present updated version, kindly update me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I did the same thing as  Lukesh Bansal and it works great .

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gurus !!

Problem solved, in my case the port 8081 was used by bloody McAfee antivirus.

Change the port to 8082

change this port to another:

1. Open the file config/IntroscopeEnterpriseMAnager.properties for editing.

2. Change the property introscope.enterprisemanager.webserver.port to a different port.

3. Save the file.

4. restart the EM to activate the change.

All Good now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's what i expected but in my case it's not doing any thing, Not even invoke the JAVA. So there is no folder created as part of the install in <drive>:\usr\sap\ccms\apmintroscope.

But i have managed to fix the issue by downloading the file again and download the latest sapcar.exe. Also remove all the old version from <drive>:\usr\sap\ccms\

No change anything in the installer.properties file Not even the path. Just leave default location for everything.

Install log file is all good with 0 warning and 0 error.

But now i am getting error in IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log

ERROR] [WrapperSimpleAppMain] [Manager.EMWebServer] The web server was unable to bind to a port.  This could be caused by another EM process binding to the same port.  Exception: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

AND in EMservice,log file

Introscope Enterprise Manager failed to start because:

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2013/11/21 14:07:32 | EM Web Server did not start.  Port already in use:  8081  To change the Web Server port, modify the EM property: introscope.enterprisemanager.webserver.port

INFO   | jvm 1    | 2013/11/21 14:07:32 | Press 'Enter' to acknowledge....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a problem where the installation doesn't start.

I have followed the guide, un-install the existing version 9.1.0.2

I looked at Note 797147 and Note 1565954.

In my windows task manager, when i run the installer it does the extraction bit in temp folder but nothing happen after ward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lukesh,

Installation could run in silent mode please check installation logs for details.

The Introscope installer will perform an automated install of Introscope components. The Introscope installer is invoked from the command line and runs “silently”, getting its input from the response file installer.properties. The installer runs in the background as it installs Introscope components, and doesn’t provide any feedback.

After installation, you can check the results in the installer logs.

Installer logs should consist <drive>:\usr\sap\ccms\apmintroscope something like install/Introscope_<version>_InstallLog.log.

BR,

K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blair,

Please check the below link page:7 for upgrade.

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000799762013E.PDF

Rg,

Karthik