cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Per diam reimbursement - scenario mapping in SAP Travel management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to travel, below scenario i need to map for my client. Please help me as i am in urgent need

Daily allowance:

It will be deployed for domestic and international travel, and cover food expenses (including consumption Minibar) and entertainment.

The breakfast included in the room when it is paid by the company. In the case of consumption in the hotel, consumed items should be excluded from the bill and paid directly by the employee.

National Travel and: R$ 140.00

International Travel: EUR 90.00 (converted to real, on the average price during the trip).

Payment of daily allowance: through the form of reimbursement of expenses.

Period covered by allowance:

from the day of shipment to and from the ride. If boarding trip occurs after 16:00 will be paid only ½ daily allowance.

In the case of invitations to lunch and dinner (paid for by the host), the value of the daily allowance shall be reduced proportionately.

I tried to map this using MPDT and maintained the entries for domestic travel and international.

But the calculation is not correct. I seek help on what entries i need to maintain in MPDT table (actual table entries please .. as  lost my patience with research and development )

Thanks

Jay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for which country you intend to setup per diems?

This is somehow important, as different countries are using different ways to calculate per diems. Not all options for deductions which are technically possible will be allowed for legal reasons. This varies per country.

Other dependencies will be type of interval for per diems (calendar day/ 24 hr-interval/ ...) or TIME of meal.

In general:

the "deduction" flags for breakfast, lunch, dinner in master data area will directly be calculated against per diems per calendar. Using the flags will never create deduction higher than per diem available for calendar day. (It might be legal requirement to do so. In that case, you cannot use the flags)

Setup will be done in V_T706A using keys F, M, A. You can enter absolute amount or percentage of per diem. Make sure that control parameters for deductions will reflect your detail level regarding countries, trip activities, employee groupings etc.

Second option is to use deduction from expense receipt line items. Here, you also have deductions for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Setup also in V_T706A, but with different keys, not F, M, A. Expense type must be flagged as accomodation or meal receipt in expense type master data settings, otherwise this will not work. Then take the key from V_T706A which corresponds to receipt type. Deduction will be made from receipt amount, not from per diems. This might be legally not correct in all countries.

Feel free to use BAdIs CHECK_DEDUCTIONS or CHECK_(LINE_OF_)RECEIPTS to distribute deduction amounts to different wage types or change the way of calculation if standard is not sufficient.

In Germany, we have e.g. some customers converting receipt deductions into deduction flags in the background ising BAdI, to make sure to be legally compliant.

If results are not correct, pls describe in detail how deduction is done, what is expected result and what is effective result. If you are using ESS, pls also check trip review screen results during saving compared to PDF form and let us know.

Hope that helps.

rgds, Michael