cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse Management Transfer Order Creation/MM-Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with my TO Creation and MM-Posting.

I wanna putaway my pallet first with my TO in my WM and then I wanna post my pallet in MM. So can I ensure I got my pallet on stock, when my TO is confirmed.

Do you know, what kind of data I have to fill in my TO and MM-Post?Is it even possible in Sap?

Regards

Danny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

no I don't have an inbound delivery. I create a TO out of my production supply process.

I wanna see the qty on stock, when we have got confirmed the TO and then we would like to post the mm stock.

So I am not sure how I can build up an relation from my TO to my MM Posting.

Regards

Danny

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Danny,

Yes it is possible!. You need to first find out which interim area the stock is getting posted when you run IM transaction. You can run the transaction in WM with source as your storage type from where you want to remove the stock and destination as interim area. Use 999 movement type( or customised WM movement type with default entry of destination storage type as interim area).

Then run the IM transaction.

Thanks,

Milind Chaudhari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

If I have understood your issue correctly, then you dont really have problem with IM first as long as it does not become Available stock (let's say for Shipping) until you make the final putaway. Because otherwise, Delivery pick list will not find the stock in actual bins and Delivery TO creation will fail.

I suggest the following --

1. Create two MRP area in your plant. One for Production GR Storage Location and one for others.
  2. Dont make this special MRP area (for Production GR Sloc) Availability relevant. So even if you GR the Production Order, the stock will not be available.
  3. Take help of WM config 'Storage location control' to move stock from this location to the regular Sloc upon TO confirmation. So, only now, the stock will be available for any requirement.

Please let me know if this works.

Thanks

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Danny ,

Since goods are received from production , IM posting will be carried first .

GR posting at IM is trigger point for WM to act on putaway TO creation and confirmation.

Thanks

Jinoy Joshy

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you receiving the qty against inbound delivery ?.It deoends on your settings after confirmation of the TO then you can receipt at inventory and warehouse level for the material.