cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch number not in Stock Transport delivery from STO if ST req. exists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some problem in delivery creation with reference to a Stock Transport Order with transaction VL10D.

The batch number is not copied from the STO line item to the delivery item if the STO has been created with reference to a ST requisition (ME51N) in which the batch number hasn't been previously specified.

The problem doesn't occur when:

- the STO hasn't been created with reference to a ST Requisition, or

- the STO has been created with reference to a ST Requisition, and the batch number has been filled into the STO requirement and then automatically copied into the STO.

Has anybody of you ever experienced such a problem? Or does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Luca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if the Batch Management is active at the Material Master in the Plant for which you are creating the PO.

Since you are facing the problem in certain cases, please check with the Delivery Item Cateogry configuration for the automatic batch determination also.

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

thanks for your quick response.

Batch Management is already active at the Material Master in the Plant for which we are creating the PO.

The automatic batch determination is not active for our item category (Standards item cat ULN). Nevertheless I've activated it for the item cat. itself and done some tests, without positive result anyway.

Thanks!!!

Luca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using any Batch Determination Procedure ?

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the only thing we've defined for Item Category ULN is the Automatic Batch Determination.

What's strange is that the batch copy from the STO to the delivery works correctly just in two cases, that is to say:

1) when the Stock Transport Order has been created without reference to any Stock Transport requisition

2) when the Stock Transport Order has been created with reference to a Stock Transport requisition but the batch number has been filled into this latter at item level...