cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM application and Database in different servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have the following scenario:

SAP MDM Application is installed in one server and we have Database in another server. We need to point the Application to the Database.

Problem:

We want to know how to point MDM application with DB if both resides on different server. What changes do I need to make in configuration files.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks,

Ganesh Mani.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gabor_molnar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Yes, it is possible of course. What you need to take into account that you need the Database Client installed on the machine of MDM Server (except MsSQL).

For further info plesae have a look at the MDM Installation Guide and MDM Console Guide:

http://help.sap.com/nwmdm71

Regards,

Gábor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please clarify more on the point "What you need to take into account that you need the Database Client installed on the machine of MDM Server (except MsSQL)".

I hope you mean to say I need to install SQL2005 in the MDM Server machine. And for your information I do work in MDM5.5

Awaiting for your response.

Thanks.

gabor_molnar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you use MsSQL, then no seperate DBMS Client needs to be installed on the machine of MDS. You can simply connect MDS to a remote MsSQL Database. MDM 5.5 documentation can be found here:

service.sap.com/installmdm -> MDM 5.5 -> ...

I recommend you to study the Guide there. Everything is documented there really well.

Regrads,

Gábor