Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User ID problem - Corrupted

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've got a relatively new user in ERP 6.0 Ehp4 system and he's having issues in a EC-CS consolidation transaction CXCD. He can enter data and save, but the entries doesn't post. It really seems to be a user id problem, since we've made a copy of his user id to a test id and it works fine.

It doesn't seem to be an authorization problem since we can copy his user id to a new user id and it works fine.

We've tried deleting his user id and recreating it from a user id that works, but we run into the same issue again. I've never seen this before.

Is there a way to make sure all references to that corrupted id is deleted completely before we attempt to recreate again??

Your quick response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Stephane

11 REPLIES 11

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this might be buffer issue.

UMR got updated when recreated.

just my thought

Regards

Prasant

0 Kudos

How do you suggest I go about deleting the UMR in order to recreate the UMR clean?

More information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this and see if it works:

1. save and regenerate the roles assigned to this user.

2. Run a trace to see if there are any authorization issues.

3. Do a user master comparison after creating the user.

4. Check the user buffer SU56 to make sure user has all relevant authorizations.

Thanks, Nitin

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Nitin,

We've already looked at all this....

We're not seeing any errors in the trace and the user is not getting any authorization related errors either. He can run all the transactions he needs to run, but Once he's done we cannot see the entries he's made in the system anywhere. So weird....

We can even copy he's current profile to a new user id and it works fine. Just doesn't work with his original ID.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Is it possible the user ID is used in some sort of a customizing that could be based on the user IDs? I can see this quite often and it is untraceable. Maybe a custom exit of some sort where AUTH-CHECK is not used but a check table?

Maybe an application role of some sort? Example: in HR appraisals you can have a "role" which has nothing to do with authorizations. It is something "one-transaction-only" thing assigned to a user ID.

I have no idea about the module causing you the problem but I would blame custom development first. I am a developer myself and know all the dirty tricks other developers do

cheers Otto

0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Otto.

EC-CS module is all standard SAP code, so no custom code issue there.

Got to love those "other Developers" with their dirty tricks..... 😄

Cheers

Stephane

0 Kudos

Did you ever resolved your issue?  If so, I did you fix it.

0 Kudos

We were never able to fix it. Clearing the buffers after deleting the user and then recreating it didn't fix it either. We ended up having to create a new ID for the user. The new ID worked without any problem.

The system is obviously caching some user information even after being deleted. Not sure how that can be cleared, but the only option for us was to give him a new ID.

Hope his helps.

0 Kudos

Did you ever open a problem note with SAP?

0 Kudos

no.

If you do and got some good information, please share on this post.

Thanks

Stephane

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program FICMON00 is quite complex. Dodgey Z-code for the user in some validation or exit somewhere else cannot be excluded. Very suspect... Some urban legend recommendation with SPRO maintenance dialog for screwing up the concept...

Start it in the debugger (make yourself a cup of tea first) and then F5 the thing for a while with watch-points on the user name.

Cheers,

Julius