Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Means of Transport - Optimizer SAP TM 9.0

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have selected a condition in order to default a means of transport based on transportation group in product master. This is working fine during freight unit building.

Once this freight unit comes into planning and we run the optimizer, the means of transport gets overwritten if there are other ones in the available resources. Has someone encountered this issue also? how to solve it?

Thanks for your collaboration

Salvador

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salvador,

Why dont you set an incompatibility for this scenario?

Rgs, Marcelo Lauria

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo, thanks!

The point is that if I have defaulted a means of transport during freight unit building, why should the means of transport get overwritten during optimizing? I need it to be fixed. The goal is to remove that decision from the optimizer and force it upfront manually by means of a condition during FUBR.

See what I mean?

Salvador

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salvador,

I dont know if this system behaviuor is correct or not...have you searched any documentation about it?

Best Regards, Marcelo Lauria

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Marcelo,

we searched everywhere and could not find more info on this specific situation.

We wrote an OSS to SAP hoping that they will have a look at this behavior. Do you experience the same issue?

The test can be performed by adding a default MTr in a specific Freight unit type in customizing and then running the optimizer with "all resources" that would include also different means of transport to the one defaulted in the FU. According to what we see, the defaulted means of transport is not respected and gets overwritten. I am pretty sure that this behavior is not correct.

And by the way, we have temporarily solved the issue by creating an incompatibility, but it was actually not the goal initially to have more load on the optimizer if we could already predefine the MTr.

Thanks

Salvador

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Salvador,

I don´t have this requirement here, we use the VSR OPT to define the MTR. But I´m curious about the functionality!

Best Regards, Marcelo Lauria

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

I will keep you posted if we get a correction.

Thx

Salva